Crystal and phonebook

swinstation

Crystal and phonebook

Post by swinstation »

Hi all

ws up?

I am looking how can I configure phone book in my system for example I setup my system in hospital and my customer wants to have like above:

Dr name mobile no. office no home no. ........
Jhon 091.... 022.... 333.....

now please tell is it possible ?so if yes please tell me more about it meanwhile if exist external program that been matched with alcatel,please tell me its name..

I create this phone book in excel file on 4059 operator console and it match with 4059 application and it works fine,you can dial Dr.name and dial his number. but it has a big problem when I want to change a number in phone book all of my operators have to exit of 4059 program,please help me.

thanks
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by oldboy »

Have you got access to a LDAP directory??AD or your 4760 for example. Point your 4059 to the LDAP directory for it seaches and all should be ok.
swinstation

Post by swinstation »

my friend

please tell me more about it"I appreciate it" or please tell me how is it possible and where can I find it.
alex

Post by alex »

As oldboy said 4760 OmniVista with Directory license would be fine for all your needs.
Rens

Post by Rens »

Hello napo_40,

Instead of using excel for you 4059 I would recommend using Access. A simple database with the same data as in your excel sheet should do the trick. No more problems when changes need to be made. Access has no issue when the database is open multiple times.

Regarding the Dial by Name feature on the normal sets I would go with the suggestion oldboy did. Either 4760's LDAP or AD would do the trick.

Regards,

Rens
swinstation

Post by swinstation »

Thanks all
Bjarne

Post by Bjarne »

Well...you can always check out SourceTech Operator, it handles all above and tons of additional features; presence, messaging, visit mgmt...
http://www.sourcetech.se

Return to “Phone Book”