Dial by name problem

RobertBreu

Dial by name problem

Post by RobertBreu »

Hi,

i got a problem in an upgraded oxe (r 5.1 linux => R9.1) with the internal phone book.

I have a name in the phone book (Plöchinger). If i search this name from an 4020 (Premium) i got the following problem:

- If I type Plö and then enter it says that i have to modify my search
- If i type Plo and then enter it gives me the right entry (Plöchinger)

I have done a test on another oxe with a new installed R9.1 and on this system it works, so it must be something with the old database.
Thanks for your help!

Robert
Mr T

Post by Mr T »

change the name to vacant or something on the extension and then change it back, see if that fixes the problem.

I've seen names get messed up for one reason or another and the above normally corrects the problem.
alex

Post by alex »

Looks like not a problem of a DB but the way OXE handles umlaute and other specific characters.
May be for a german letter "ö" OXE keeps an "oe" combination? Did it work right way in R5.1?
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
smileyman

Post by smileyman »

Hi Robert,there is a fallback-file to change the character-interpretation for name search. You can edit this file with editor and pull it back. Then activate ist on console. (Search in the old forum - there are some examples.) Best regards smileyman
RobertBreu

Post by RobertBreu »

Hi,

thanks for your answers.
smileyman could you send me the link to this topic? I can't find it on the old forum!
Thank You

Robert
smileyman

Post by smileyman »

Hi Robert,there are some examples from users with the same or similar problems: http://old.alcatelunleashed.com/viewtop ... t=fallback http://old.alcatelunleashed.com/viewtop ... llbackbest Regards smileyman
alexeik

Post by alexeik »

i got a similar problem after an migration, i made a service request and they send me a new fallback.txt and a new pbmd file. after that everything works fine
smileyman

Post by smileyman »

In the new Patch-level are some bugfixes for Dial-by-name-Problems.
I will test it in the next weeks.

Best regards
smileyman
RobertBreu

Post by RobertBreu »

Hi,

i have tried everything you mentioned but got no sucess...
alexeik could you send my an e-mail with the fallback and the pbmd file? (rb@call-data.de)

Tanks
RobertBreu

Post by RobertBreu »

Hi,

the pbmd-file changed nothing on this problem...by the way the fallback and the pbmd-file had the same content in my oxe...any other ideas for this problem?

Return to “Phone Book”