Access to OXE phonebook by external application

nowi

Access to OXE phonebook by external application

Post by nowi »

Hi,

I want to acces the OXE directory by an external application (just read access).

There is a check box in ACTIS:

Directory

Box checked: Access to the telephone directory by an external application is authorized. ACTIS configures the corresponding licences (lock 049). These are supplied in blocks according to the number of users.
Any idea how to configure it? Is it LDAP or Database access? Checked the Docs but didn't find anything useful.

Regards,

Nowi
w3rn3r

Re: Access to OXE phonebook by external application

Post by w3rn3r »

hello

no, the phonebook on the oxe is stored in the internal sql database. as far as i know, this is the additional license to access the phonebook applikation of 4760 from an external applikation to export and import data.

maybe tgis has to be validated by a 4760 acse on this board.
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by tot3nkopf »

Or you can use overflow to LDAP feature in OXE. LDAP server address needs to be configured. See system doc.
nowi

Post by nowi »

Hi,

I need the other way around. Need to have access to phone book of the CS. Using 4760 is an alternative but since I have a redundandent system I would prefer to acces the CS directly.

Nowi
w3rn3r

Post by w3rn3r »

hello nowi

i do not know a way to connect direct to the ctree sql of the oxe system by an external system. the only way i know to query the database tables direct is the cuser on the oxe command line.

but for the ldap of the 4760 there is a way to login. i do not understand your restriction on cs redudancy. the 4760 is handling its own database including the phonebook entries of the oxe independant on the state of the redundant cs.

furthermore when 4760 directory services are managed in the right way, the phone book is updated when modifications are done for the users. the restriction on this szenario is that all of the modifications for the phonebook have to be done through 4760 interface.

regards
werner
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

w3rn3r wrote:hello nowi
the phone book is updated when modifications are done for the users. the restriction on this szenario is that all of the modifications for the phonebook have to be done through 4760 interface.
No, there is no such restriction. Only, that you need to do full sync of PBX (or many pbxes) with 4760. But it's a normal thing to do on every 4760 install. As this sync is repeated every N-hours, you have accurate [s]LDAP in 4760 in one or two, or 24 hours, but well, how often do you change phone numbers in your organization? When you add a new person, it's normal that this name will be translated using a LDAP to a new DDI no, after some time, and that is fully acceptable.
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.

Return to “Phone Book”