Entity being directed to different AA or Extension

ctgivens

Entity being directed to different AA or Extension

Post by ctgivens »

Group,

I hope someone can help with this. I have been working with the OXE and OT Voice Mail since August of 2014, so I am a new in the Alcatel phone world, but not IT.

We have 22 different locations and for the most part each location is it's own entity. All users are directed to either a main extension as their overflow or to 6991 which is OT voice mail.

My problem comes in when some gets placed in voice mail and press 0 I that call gets routed based on to entity 1, because that is what 6991 belongs to. So if we set it to an AA for IT, then everyone in the company
gets AA for IT. We want it so when the user presses 0 to be routed to something based on the entity. However, I am told that you can only route once because they all belong to 6991. How have other people handled this issue?

For example:

Springfield Branch - a customer calls, gets voice mail and decides to press 0 for the operator. The call should go to extension 4000, which is the main number for the branch.
IT Department - a user calls and get voice mail and decides to press 0 for the operator. It would take them back to the AA for IT and they can select another extension.
Sedalia Branch - a customer calls, gets voice mail and decides to press 0 for the operator. The call should go to extension 6000, which is the main number for the branch.
and so on and so on.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Charles Givens
SMC Electric, Inc.
Springfield, Missouri

Return to “Entities”