OXE fails to send DTMF-digits to Cisco trunk

alpas

OXE fails to send DTMF-digits to Cisco trunk

Post by alpas »

Hi!
I've got Alcatel Omni PCX Enterprise (Release 7.1) linked (among others) to Cisco 2811.
Trunk Group is ABC-F (we managed to make User Names working both ways not too long ago).
ISO function (mode) in System Params. is OFF.
And there are no ARS license on my PBX.

The issue:
When i dial the local number (programmed via Routing No., 5 digits) everything is working fine.
But when i go to the external networks (programmed via Professional TG seize - the numbers are long and of different lengths in different regions) the DTMF-signals are not working anymore (Cisco 2811 isn't receiving any digits).

The (rather strange) workaround here is this:
Trunk Group -> "auto DTMF dialing on outgoing call" = YES, and DTMF-signals are working now, but the default mode for outgoing calls becomes DTMF (which is not optimal, since my users use Alcatel phone services more often than they need to input numbers in DTMF mode).

Are there any better ways this problem can be solved?
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: OXE fails to send DTMF-digits to Cisco trunk

Post by vad »

Ok, external number and want to dial DTMF - set type (IP, TDM. analogue), what user dial for switch to DTMF mode?
After external number dialing and before answer - user need to dial suffix "DTMF end-to-end dialing"
After external number dialing and after answer - user need to dial prefix "DTMF end-to-end dialing"

For Alcatel IP|TDM sets - DTMF mode can be selected from display menu.
alpas

Post by alpas »

Yes, i have '*' programmed as "DTMF end to end dialing" in prefixes, since i need to dial DTMF after answer usually (and after listening to the remote voice guide). It's working normally in most cases, except listed above ('Prof. TG seize' on Cisco route).

I have '*' programmed as "DTMF end to end dialing" in suffixes as well, but it doesn't seem to work in my case, also it's not really viable here.

The phones on our PBX are Alcatel 4035T, 4020, 4010 and analogue sets. Context button 'MFSend' on 4035T is working the same as '*' prefix. But i just tested an analogue set, and DTMF is working fine there! Now we just need to do the same on digital sets :)
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

Does your DTMF payload match on both the OXE and the Cisco system?? Generally i think it is default to 101 i think Cisco is 97 check you external gateway
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
alpas

Post by alpas »

But doesn't 'DTMF payload' setting apply to SIP-trunk packets? We use ABC-F/Qsig over E1, and DTMF-signals are transferred as voice.

Return to “Trunk Groups”