E1 CAS outgoing calls failed

almatel

E1 CAS outgoing calls failed

Post by almatel »

Hi all,
we have changed an alcatel 4300L(which was connected to PTC "public Exchange E1 CAS" via a PCM R2 2M) with an OXE R9.1,and every thing goes OK except the E1 CAS (R2) link with the PCM2 board,the problem is that incoming calls is OK even the CID , but we can not make an outgoing call ( after dialing the external Number, we got a congestion channel)and the channel goes busy?
note:
External COS :28...............MFR2 signaling
Please advise
alex

Re: E1 CAS outgoing calls failed

Post by alex »

You should have checked R2 trunk category in 4300L before cut-over.
Almost no "translation" needed between 4300L and OXE trunk categories - they are just very similar so it is very easy to configure it in OXE.

If you have no old R2 category configuration saved or written somewhere then contact PTT for signalling table.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
almatel

Post by almatel »

thx Alex for reply, but i don't know how to check the configuration in 4300L(its an old system configured by french guy since 12 years ago),so if you have any idea about 4300L, may you help me how to check the configuration of the PCM
alex

Post by alex »

Sorry, I have no idea how to check it in 4300L.
So the only way left is to ask provider which signalling is supported by PTT.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “External Services”