Connect Crystal and Comm by IP for Central VM and 4760

doublevand981

Connect Crystal and Comm by IP for Central VM and 4760

Post by doublevand981 »

Hi all,
i have two OXE system R.9.1. Node #1 is Crystal, Node#2 is Common HW.
Physical link between two side is Ethernet ONLY.

Node#2 (with VPU6) ---------------------ethernet------------------Node#1----------------sip trunks-----------Panasonic PBX-----TDM trunks ----Public Network

Any pro pls help me to confirm some case below:
1) On Node#1 i have VM4635 (VPU6) and need to centrallize this voicemail service for users on Node#2.
For this i have to use ABC IP logical link between two nodes, right?

2)On Node#1 i have 4760 management PC declared, and need to manage and accounting tickets for the Node#2.
what kind of link for this service ? ABC IP logical link or direct connection ?

3) what management i need to configure for Users at Node#2 can call external public user through Node#1 on sip trunks ?

thanks
Last edited by doublevand981 on 14 Jul 2011 06:21, edited 1 time in total.
Konstantinos.E
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Connect Crystal and Comm by IP

Post by Konstantinos.E »

hi

the configuration you are trying to do is quiet complex
.you need ip trunks over node #2 to node#1 with routing numbers.... and then sip trunks over node#1 to panasonic with routing numbers and after route the calls to the public through panasonic numbering plan....
you have to study the translators and numbering plan on every node and ofcourse expert skils on oxe...nobody can explain to you what to do because needs a lot of work and ofcourse noone knows your configuration exept you.

For 4760 you just need to add a subnetwork to 4760 under system directory and syncronize with the server.you need direct link.

For vpu6 what kind of VM hou have?
Alca_holic
doublevand981

Re: Connect Crystal and Comm by IP

Post by doublevand981 »

Hi Konstantinos,
thanks for your help!

i have VPU6 card for 4635j voicemail.

1) I tested with Voicemai centralize . it need ABC links between node1 and node2.

2) OK. i tested and agree with you that I just need to add a subnetwork to 4760 under system directory and syncronize with the server incase i have direct link (don't need ABC link)

if i dont have direct link from 4760 PC to node 2 i have to use Node1 as Gateway node (this need licence) and i need ABC link between node1 and node 2 for this case.

3) At all i need to use ABC link between Node1 and node2.
For users at node2 i use ARS server to call out through SIP trunks on node1.

i tested and confirm all these worked just share to all.

thanks

Return to “Inter-Node Links”