Hybrid link problem

nuviton

Hybrid link problem

Post by nuviton »

Hi all,
After migration to Appliance Server from CPU6 i get the problem with my hybrid link over ip
We have about 70 nodes connected through hybrid link over ip to the main node
Very often we have incident on the main node
|=3:2876=PH:No more IP pack for the hybrid accesses (max=1000)
Then links go down and then up and the situation repeats.
What may be a problem?
alex

Re: Hybrid link problem

Post by alex »

nuviton wrote: What may be a problem?
Most probably it is your network design. You'd better check your network topology and decide which nodes should be backbone nodes and which - end nodes.

Anyway you can play with some parameters in X25/X25 System Parameters like "Number Max of IP Pack :" - it is 200 by default and try to increase it... But you need to change it in every node and, I'm afraid, a restart would be needed.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
nuviton

Post by nuviton »

Thank u, Alex.
I reduced the number of hybrid links with dynamic routing (changed to static routing) and the problem seems was resolved.
How many nodes with hybrid links with dynamic routing may I have?
alex

Post by alex »

nuviton wrote:How many nodes with hybrid links with dynamic routing may I have?
It is a bit complicated and depends on your topology.
Basically if it's a star then only the central node needs dynamic routing just to know about all the other nodes in the network. End nodes could be in static - they know only about its neighbours.
But there are limits - one node could connect max to 32 nodes and you can have only 32/250 (TDM/IP) backbone nodes.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “Inter-Node Links”