SIP Trunk - incoming calls no routing

patmul39

SIP Trunk - incoming calls no routing

Post by patmul39 »

Hi all,
We have an OXE R801 (G150331) with Appliance Servers (x2) and MG's; ACT shelf used for 4635.
I have, for the last few days, been trying to connect an external SIP trunk from a UK service provider. I can make outbound calls over the SIP trunk but incoming calls are not routing to the destination. I have tried changing various settings but can't make it work.
I have attached a motortrace to give you an idea of might be going on. Could be something silly but I've worked on this so long I can't seem to see where the problem is.

An idea of my config:
TG: 30, Remote Network 14; Q931 ABC-F; T2 Specif SIP; IP Comp G711; DDI Yes; NPD 36
NPD 36: (currently set as NPI/TON ISDN National) - tried changing this to International etc, DDi tables 30
Network Routing Table: 14; ABC-F; NPD 36; ARS 30; Assoc SIP GW: 30
SIP Ext GW: Remote Domain Provider's IP; Transp UDP; Auth Realm Provider's IP; Registration ID - provided by provider; Outbound proxy: Provider's IP; Outgoing Realm Provider's IP; username and passwds set by provider
Prefix plan: #930 ARS Prof TG Seiz, Disc 3
ARS Route 30: TG 30, Numb Command Tab 1; NPD 36, Route Public, Quality Speech etc
Dialing Command Table 1: Command I, Assoc Sip GW 30
DDI Translator 30: tried various combinations
Signalling String (under system): Country Code 44

Thanks in advance for you help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We don't see things the way they are; we see things the way we are!
dryhouse

Re: SIP Trunk - incoming calls no routing

Post by dryhouse »

Have you try to use default DID translator?

Saludos.
may the force be with you....
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

Try to set the number you are receiving from SIP provider at the prefix plan and don't use DDI translator table. I had a problem like you. In your traces there is an information NOT found in the dictionnary, it is the same information I had. I was trying to set an OXO for doing external calls through OXE. I was using DDI translator table to receive 0 and the internal number as 0 ( my external line code ). With these settings I didn't get to do to work. When I deleted DDI translator and I used just prefix plan, it worked very well. Try to do a test.
1312370264 -> [domain not from an External Gateway.
1312370264 -> [CGWMngData::isMainServer] CPU is MAIN.
1312370264 -> [CGwServAuthenticate::isUserDeclared] 07712345678@siptelecom.com
1312370264 -> [CGwServAuthenticate::isUserDeclared] NOT found in the dictionnary.
1312370264 -> [CGwServAuthenticate::isUserDeclared] 441234567890@111.222.333.44
1312370264 -> [CGwServAuthenticate::isUserDeclared] NOT found in the dictionnary.
1312370264 -> SEND MESSAGE TO NETWORK (111.222.333.44:10001 [UDP]) (BUFF LEN = 1210)
Regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
alex

Post by alex »

Here goes my 3 cents.
If you have internal SIP sets - configure SIP TG for them.
For Ext. SIP gateway - configure another SIP TG pointing to another network - it is actually a good practise as long as you have different providers they should fit in in different networks anyway.
So in your trace it is clear that call coming from SIP provider bounce back to the same SIP routing in your OXE.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
MrAnMo

Post by MrAnMo »

patmul39 wrote: TG: 30, Remote Network 14; Q931 ABC-F; T2 Specif SIP; IP Comp G711; DDI Yes; NPD 36
Your problem is in the trunk. I see that you created the trunk as ABC-F but actually for incoming trunks for external lines you need the create it as ISDN-ALL Countrys and then with T2 specification SIP. Only a ISDN ALL Countries trunk can have a working DDI translation and digit stripping.

Good luck.
patmul39

Post by patmul39 »

Thanks guys for all the replies.
We're still stuck with no incoming calls. The OXE is sitting behind a firewall and the IT guys said that port forwarding has been implemented.
@dryhouse - I have tried the default DDI translator - no joy.
@enio.eltz - prefix did not work either
@MrAnMo - I did change my trunk (after carefully examining docs) to ISDN but this did not change anything either.
From my sIP trace I have:
11.22.33.44.55 - my SIP service provider
111.222.333.44 - customer's firewall

It seems that the OXE is trying to route the call back to the firewall!! (??) :?: I've tried the same config on my lab OXE, same release and patch and all I have is my ADSL route in between - outgoing ok but still no incoming. Can see the trace but same result.
This is driving me up the wall!

SIP ExtGw config:
SIP Remote domain - siptelecom.com (Provider's domain name)
Port - 5060
Transport - UDP
Belonging Domain - siptelecom.com
Registration ID - 0001234567890
SIP Outbound Proxy - 11.22.33.44.55 (Provider's IP)
Outgoing realm - siptelecom.com
Minimal authentication method - SIP None (Tried Digest too)

thanks for your time and efforts
We don't see things the way they are; we see things the way we are!
dpavlek

Post by dpavlek »

I solve this with "Abbreviated Numbering". For example ext.num(prefix):1234xxx, call4.
swinstu

Post by swinstu »

Please explain further on how you solved this with abbreviated numbering.

I dont think OXE is capable of using NAT correctly, it throws the call back to the router/public address the carrier sends the calls to.
An expensive SBC should normalise the connection with a WAN Leg and LAN leg setup on the customer side but Alcatel perhaps need to plan better and build another internal CPU/ VoiP module to be able to handle the WAN IP@ for SIP ext gateways.
SWINSTU
ACSE OXE R12.1
ACSE 8770 R3.2(4760 R5.x)
ACSE OT R2.3 IP/SIP and UC&C
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by cavagnaro »

No SIP works with NAT naturally unless you use techniques like SBC or some firewall capable of it. Simple as that.
And no PBX vendor will provide SBC features, there are a lot of specialized manufacturers already to go to think about entering that market, Alcatel uses and certify 3rd party partners like Audiocodes.

Enviado de meu E6633 usando Tapatalk
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer

Return to “SIP”