CISCO to OXE Outgoing Calls Issue - SIP/PCM Trunks

rojeltq

CISCO to OXE Outgoing Calls Issue - SIP/PCM Trunks

Post by rojeltq »

Hi all,

I have integrated Cisco CUCM with OXE through SIP External Gateway. PSTN is a PCM R2 and is connected in OXE. The below is my scenario:

CISCO phone seizes Trunk via SIP Gateway to make an external call through Alcatel PCM.

These are the scenarios.

1) When calling a local number( within city ) from CUCM, the calls are going through and can connect and speak to the other party. No Issues.
2) When calling a national number( other city ) from CUCM, the calls are going through and can connect and speak to the other party. No Issues.
3) When calling a GSM number( all providers ) from CUCM, the calls are going through and can connect and speak to the other party. No Issues.
4) When calling any number ( all providers, all scenarios ) from OXE, the calls are going through and can connect and speak to the other party. No
Issues.
5) All OXE Extension ( SIP ) are showing the individual DID number and its managed as a private calling number in the user level. No Issues

These are the problems/issues.

1) When calling an international number( IDD / other countries ) from CUCM, the calls are going NOT GOING through and CANNOT connect and speak
to the other party.
2) In ALL calls connected scenarios, the CUCM DID Numbers are NOT displayed properly ( ex. mobile calls ) as it shows the PCM Pilot Number only.

Alcatel-Lucent : OXE Rel. 11.1
Cisco : CUCM Ver. Rel. 11.5

PSTN Provider : Algeria Telecom

I am attaching the call traces for your reference.

I would really appreciate and need your valuable suggestions in this case if anyone has encountered it.

Thanks and Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RojelQ
alex

Re: CISCO to OXE Outgoing Calls Issue - SIP/PCM Trunks

Post by alex »

SIP trace is not enough.
Run R2 traces at the same time and check whether o/g call is rejected by PSTN or OXE.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
rojeltq

Post by rojeltq »

alex wrote:SIP trace is not enough.
Run R2 traces at the same time and check whether o/g call is rejected by PSTN or OXE.
Hi. Thank you for the interest. The issue has now been resolved and apparently it is one of the timers in CUCM side that needs to be adjusted.

Regards

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

RojelQ
haroun

Post by haroun »

what about the displayed Number "2) In ALL calls connected scenarios, the CUCM DID Numbers are NOT displayed properly ( ex. mobile calls ) as it shows the PCM Pilot Number only." ? is this also resolved?!
rojeltq

Post by rojeltq »

haroun wrote:what about the displayed Number "2) In ALL calls connected scenarios, the CUCM DID Numbers are NOT displayed properly ( ex. mobile calls ) as it shows the PCM Pilot Number only." ? is this also resolved?!
Hi Haroun, Yes, that issue has been resolved as well, all the issues were apparently from CUCM.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

RojelQ
jhonku1

Post by jhonku1 »

Hi rojetq,
Could you specify which timer did you change. Is it a SIP timer?
I am having a similar issue. When I try to call from an IPPBX behind OXE I can make calls local numbers but I can't call international or other regions numbers.
It seems that call do not wait enought time to established

Regards,

Return to “SIP”