4068EE as SIP Extension - Lack of Features

AlbertoW

4068EE as SIP Extension - Lack of Features

Post by AlbertoW »

Hello all,

I have to make a very specific change in my OXE setup, and I hope someone can help me.
My company have an operations room with two 4068EE phones using NOE, calling and receiving from digital and analog lines. Currently we have an analog recorder with about 50 lines that we really need to change into a digital recorder, cleaning some space (since we don't have physical space for new recorders). Also, we can't stop recording, even during the transaction between analog and digital lines, so I would need to record both analog and digital calls.

My solution was to get a VoIP recorder, listening to both 4068EE ports (mirrored), recording every call both phones receive. This is the only recording I would need in my entire OXE setup (so I don't really need an expensive recording setup). I found some SIP recorders like Oreka, and tried to use them, with success, converting my 4068EE from NOE to SIP (SIP Extension) and removing compression. I can now successfully record every call to and from those phones.

My problem is: The phones now lacks some of the telephony features: No missed calls list, no "call by name", no auto directory from OXE (need to input every name, one by one), can't set up fast dialing or do a fast search (using phone's keyboard), etc.

Unfortunately, our operators need those features for their time sensitive tasks, and I'm out of ideas. I was thinking about getting different native SIP phones, like Cisco or Yealink, but I don't know if they would work very well with OXE. Even if I had to input every name and number by hand, on each phone, it would be OK if the phone keyboard could do a fast search by name and if the missed calls list worked.

Any ideas or solutions? Is there a way to use 4068EE as SIP phone keeping most of the telephony features?

Also, is there any way to see the version my OXE is currently running?

Thanks in advance.
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: 4068EE as SIP Extension - Lack of Features

Post by cavagnaro »

Seems you need a lot of help on the whole solution side. Contact a professional ALU to properly support you.
When you telnet you see the OXE version.
According to version your OXE will provide some features with SIP and restrict others which are native from NOE protocol.
Not sure what you mean with analog/digital recorder as all is digital now... So again I think you need some real knowledge support on the decisions you are making. You may be creating a monster without any real need to do so.
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
AlbertoW

Post by AlbertoW »

Thanks for your reply, Cavagnaro.

First, I'm sorry about the confusion about analog/digital recorder. English isn't my main language and sometimes it is hard to express myself. I'll try to explain better.
For the version, the motd when I connect via telnet is: "Welcome to Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise", there is no version number here, so I was hoping to get this information somewhere else.

What I called "analog recorder" is a single analog extension recorder port. We have about 50 analog extensions connected from our network provider IAD and split between our analog recorder and our OXE. This is what we want to change: we want to remove the splits, removing the analog recorder from the loop. We can't change every analog extension directly to SIP instantly, so the best way to record every call to or from our 4068EE extension is to record the RTP packets between OXE and the phone. Our currently recording software is able to understand SIP, hence our interest in changing the protocol from NOE to SIP in these extensions. But losing so many features is a big step back.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

1. After you login with mtcl account you will see the version...
2. Alcatel has support for recorders. OmniPCX record will allow to record both analog and IP extensions via DR Link.

Again... Ask support and advise to a Presales
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
haroun

Post by haroun »

lol "For the version, the motd when I connect via telnet is: "Welcome to Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise", there is no version number here, so I was hoping to get this information somewhere else."
you have to loggin
user name & passw and you will release

(1)pst_cpu20> telnet 10.235.96.130
Trying 10.235.96.130...
Connected to 10.235.96.130.
Escape character is '^]'.

Welcome to pst_cpu6
Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise

login: mtcl
Password:
Login incorrect

login: mtcl
Password:
Last login: Wed Apr 2 09:03:16 from 139.53.3.81

Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise
standard installation last performed: 04-Jun-2012 13:42:43

# The role of the CPU is MAIN
Application software identity

R9.1-i1.605-38-dz-c7s2

Business identification: R9.1

Release:
DELIVERY i1.605
Patch identification: 38
Dynamic patch identification: none

Cpu: c7s2

ACD VERSION
release : 8
bug_fixing : 1
protocol_id : 90
version_dy_hr_stat : 11
AlbertoW

Post by AlbertoW »

Thank you haroun!

I never saw the version there because I never scrolled back looking for info. Totally my mistake.

Return to “SIP Extension”