Yealink T38G and BLF

smith_user

Yealink T38G and BLF

Post by smith_user »

Hi there

I have managed to connect a Yealink T38g to our alcatel omni pcx, calling outbound and internally works fine. I have added it to the subscribers basestations as a basic SIP phone. Is there anyway to get it to display BLF on the DSS keys? Also im not able to park or transfer? is this a limitation with "basic SIP phone"?

Cheers
Jake
rachlilas

Re: Yealink T38G and BLF

Post by rachlilas »

I assume you speak about OmniPCX Office (OXO). In this case yes there is a big difference between Basic SIP and Open SIP.
With Basic SIP only basic calls are allowed: no dial by name , no CLI, no transfer, no park, etc..

I hope that help
smith_user

Post by smith_user »

Hi Rachlilas

Yep thats what im talking about. In the OXO manual there is a section in Chapter 3 showing a Table of services offered on various licenses. One of the things we absolutely require is that a remote handset must be able to see who is on a call (BLF) but there is no mention of this in the table, which i find quite odd as this is a pretty major part of a phone system IMO. Can anyone tell me if this works or not? and if you have managed to get it to work maybe let me know how?

Cheers
Jake
rachlilas

Post by rachlilas »

Hi Jake,

BLF works fine with PIMphony (for example).
You can do the same on your side: that means you have to develop something in CSTA to be able to monitor all devices of your system and then display their current status in real time!
It is not something that is available without development!

I hope that help

Return to “SIP Extension”