PCS Vs Standby CPU -OXE

gmmbuyisa

PCS Vs Standby CPU -OXE

Post by gmmbuyisa »

Hi Guys,

Would someone please explain the difference between a PCS and the standby CPU?

Regards
Godfrey
Konstantinos.E
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: PCS Vs Standby CPU -OXE

Post by Konstantinos.E »

hi

in case of cpu failure then standby cpu will take action to hold the system. pcs is a cpu for remote node. in case of ip link failure the pcs will take over so you will not lose entire node .
Alca_holic
gmmbuyisa

Post by gmmbuyisa »

Fine.
If the standby CPU is on a remote shelf and i lose the link, will it not run that remote shelf? Same thing with the PCS, should the main CPU fail, would it not take over if the link is up?
vad

Post by vad »

About CPU/PCS
You can have just TWO CPU (declared in OPS files, any can serve whole PBX) - main/stand by.

PCS - this CPU (you can have many such CPU) can serve part of PBX (usually in case with IP network problems). F.e. you have 10 remote shelves - you can use 10 PCS.
PCS CPU Id not declared in OPS files. PCS can works just 30 days continuously.

PCS - this is like CPU with wrong CPU Id - you can use them, but only 30 days. But PCS - more convenient - you have automatic procedures for database update and main CPU presence checking.
gmmbuyisa

Post by gmmbuyisa »

Thanks Vad,
Now Alcatel-Lucent has sent me the PCS and softkeys, where do i load these keys? (PCS or Main CS). Secondly, can i have the main CPU as CPU6 and standby CPU as a CS-2? Is the combination allowed?

Return to “Passive Communication Server”