PCS active -but phones fail to register

laiju79

PCS active -but phones fail to register

Post by laiju79 »

Hi all,

I have a setup with 2 PCS and two call servers in main/standby mode.
Both the PCS were configured but only one works when there is a network failure. I have issue with one pcs.
pcscopy is successful. When I bring the servers down,PCS becomes active ,but the issue is phones do not register.I feel that PCS is not really active.

Can someone help me here
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: PCS active -but phones fail to register

Post by oldboy »

Have you setup Domains correctly to manage the PCS, have you setup the GD with the PCS info?

After all configured correctly you will need to reboot the phone so that it learns the domain entries including the PCS that will rescue the phone
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
laiju79

Post by laiju79 »

Sorry for the delay,I was out for a few days.

Yes,the domains were setup correctly .Also GD has configured with PCS info under mgconfig.
When I run the sip logs to find out why the sip phones were not registering with PCS, I found that PCS is unactive.
pcscopy worked fine,pcsview returns active status.Phones do not register
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

So if you do a ippstat d xxxx you see the extn in the right domain and see that it can be rescued by a PCS
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
laiju79

Post by laiju79 »

I tried this command while PCS was active ,it was not Okay. It was showing that phone is out of service.
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

can u run the command on an extn from the main CPU please and post results also can you show me a screen shot of your domain setup

Return to “Passive Communication Server”