NFS Backup

banfield

NFS Backup

Post by banfield »

Hi. When I configure NFS backup the script ask after an admin account password for the NFS. Does this mean that you need to specific an account with name admin in the customer domain? The storage server I´m using is on a Microsoft domain. I have gone through the k2configure script but the "function" seams to point on another destination.
Someone who has this working to an external Microsoft environment can you please specified the settings and account you configured.

BR

Daniel
banfield

Post by banfield »

Seems not to be so many reading in the Forum. The admin account is the admin of the BiCS server. Seems stupied that you need that to save the parrameters?
Fun that the documentation really sucks! Why not just be more clear on things like NFS and Boundled NIC port and nod DNS name.
Now I have everything (VALID) in the configuration of the NFS but still it dosn´t work. Tomorrow I will check in the customr NFS that everything is manage right.
banfield

Post by banfield »

hmm is there no possibility to get NFS working from Linux to Windows server? Anyone tried with samba?
banfield

Re: NFS Backup

Post by banfield »

Finally have I manage to get NFS storage to work with Windows 2008. This works great and now we don´t need any hard drive hanging on a new server in customers datacenter.
Alcatel documentation could have much better on this then a single line of words. :)

Return to “MAIN”