Change disk and synchronization

Schpice

Change disk and synchronization

Post by Schpice »

Hello everybody !

I have a little problem, I must change a disk on a BICS R2.0 and I don't know how can I launch synchronization of both disk.

Do with this release, disks are hot plugs ??
In this case, I can unplug the bad disk and plug the good disk whithout switch off server.

If disks are not hot plugs, I switch off server and I change bad disk but how can I launch a manuel synchronization after be stopped server (CTRL+C) in boot ??

Thanks in advance
ACSE ICS R6 Certified
banfield

Re: Change disk and synchronization

Post by banfield »

I have had 3 systems with orange led on the right disk. This is caused by synchronization error with the Raid control card. Try to download Radi control update and hard drive update. Hard drive update solved my problems and we are about to do this on all BiCS systems with X3250 M2 and M3. The new version for IBM SAS/SATA is 1.09 and is a critical update. For Raid control update you need to boot on media, the hard drive update you can apply on the RedHat. BR Daniel
FN_DK

Re: Change disk and synchronization

Post by FN_DK »

Today we just had our 2nd crash on a BICS that fits the description from you banfield. Orange error LED on the front.

As of this moment I dont know the RAID and HD versions.

@banfield, Do you have any info on about Alcatel knowing about this? I would really like a step by step procedure for these upgrades as we are not that IBM server competent.

Return to “MAIN”