BiCS DVDs

WimG83

BiCS DVDs

Post by WimG83 »

I have been given a complete OmniPCX Enterprise setup that was no longer needed by the company.
It came with a BiCS server and from the k2release.cfg file I found out it is BiCS B.2.1.3
Although I have the system running, I would like to start with a fresh install. However, I don't have the BiCS DVD nor the RedHat DVD.
Where could I obtain these?
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: BiCS DVDs

Post by oldboy »

So a question why do you want to load a Bics server???
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
WimG83

Post by WimG83 »

I want to get rid of all the info of this company that is left on the server. Both because it's not of interest to me and because there might be confidential data on it that I don't want. Furthermore, I do not have all the passwords so I am limited in what I can do at this moment.
This setup will be mostly for educational/fun purposes. I just could not stand the idea of all this nice hardware going to the recycler's.
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

use it to load vmware and then load an oxe, 8770 and whatever you want to learn on separate machines!!
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Bics is dead, use ghat hardware for better things as oldboy says

Enviado de meu E6633 usando Tapatalk

Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
WimG83

Post by WimG83 »

Thanks for your replies. I could indeed do something with VMs, however, the question remains: how do I obtain the necessary software for educational purposes?
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

You will need BPWS access to download OXE, 8770 and whatever you want to load... suggest you play with VAA great product!!
WimG83

Post by WimG83 »

I assume the BPWS is off limits for mere enthusiasts like myself, as I am certainly not a Business Partner nor do I have contact with any of them.
So then we're back to square one :(
Last edited by WimG83 on 06 Mar 2018 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

BPWS is only for registered partners. So, unless you work for an Alcatel BP then yes.
Now, BiCs was one of the first Alcatel attempts to going to VM direction with unified communications, and has passed away some time ago.
What we suggest is you to play with more recent versions of software, the evolution of bics or just play with OXE. For that, you better grab that HW you have,install a VMWARE ESX and in it create one machine for OXE for example, you can find the images on the Internet. Once you have it, you download documentation and follow standard configuration. Now comes to licensing... Do you have them? Do a backup of licenses before anything and hope not to lose the cpu ID as USB dongles were used too...

Enviado de meu E6633 usando Tapatalk

Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
WimG83

Post by WimG83 »

Hello cavagnaro,

I do fully understand your idea and that's what I want to do. I've already been able to download the documentation thanks to this forum.
I do have the license files and the dongle from the BiCS server, only thing needed is the software.
OXE_RELEASE=9.1_I1.605.21 was on there originally. The license is probably bound to that release? So that is what I would start with.
So far I haven't been able to find an ISO or something for this OXE 9.1 on the public web...

Return to “MAIN”