Dynamic setup of SIP gateway

AndyK

Dynamic setup of SIP gateway

Post by AndyK »

Hi All

trust everyone is well?

I'm having an issue whereby I am trying to setup a SIP gateway on an OXO (Release 10.3)
the Vendor is needing me to set it up dynamically and not with specified IP addresses, the only addresses I have been given are the DNS servers, primary and secondary.

I can see the vendor when doing an internal ping from the OXO to the specified domain name (ppr1.ner1.stdstrunk.qos.telkomvoip.co.za) so the name is definitely resolving.

what they are telling me is that I need to change the "FROM" field because it looks like its registering "to" and "from" the vendor, hence it is not registering and giving me a 404 error

the main details I have been given are as follows:

PBX Host: 271********.la***.stdsiptrunk.telkom
Proxy: ppr1.ner1.stdstrunk.qos.telkomvoip.co.za

they are seeing it come from................ ppr1.ner1.stdstrunk.qos.telkomvoip.co.za

but they should be seeing it come from.........271********.la***.stdsiptrunk.telkom

please could someone assist me getting this SIP trunk configured correctly.
under the Gateway parameters I've setup everything under following tabs as what I think is correct:
- General
- Media
- Registration
- DNS
- Protocols

I've also setup the details under the domain proxy and the identities tab (Identities tab I've left as default)..... I feel within these 2 tabs is where my problem is lying but for the life of me I cannot resolve it... I've tried every variation I can think of.

Thanks
Andy
fe80

Re: Dynamic setup of SIP gateway

Post by fe80 »

Hi Andy,
Is in your gateway parameters / local domain name "ppr1.ner1.stdstrunk.qos.telkomvoip.co.za"? This would IMHO explain the content of your From: header.
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Hi There

it thought it might be so but I've gone so far as to swap them around.... and it still seems to be showing incorrectly
fe80

Post by fe80 »

would you please be so kind and do some traces showing us the problematic SIP messages? Open WebDiag in your browser https://insert-oxo-ip/services/webapp/m ... p_dump.php
Dump Mode: direct dump
Verbose: on ☑
Capture Mode: Protocol
SIP: on ☑
click Start, wait for the REGISTER and the negative answer from SIP provider copy+paste it here (without account names and numbers). Don't forget to stop the trace.

Return to “MAIN”