8001 with Windows DHCP

pluff

8001 with Windows DHCP

Post by pluff »

Can anyone tell be how to get an 8001 to boot up on an OXO using the Windows DHCP server? The phone is not picking up the TFTP address from Option 66 & 67. It also seems like AVA will not work on these sets?
pluff

Re: 8001 with Windows DHCP

Post by pluff »

Wow! Love this phone - NOT...
I may have been doing it wrong and looking at the wrong info and it may work fine with the internal OXO DHCP server (I didn't test that) but this seems like a dog to install.
To get this working I had to create a new vendor class, program the VCI in HEX, duplicate most of this info in the web interface of the phone, manually set the VLAN and then manually activate the auto provisioning on the 8001??? Then it still didn't work for about 5 minutes.

Am I just unlucky/incompetent or is this phone really this hard to get going?
giovanni.attolini

Post by giovanni.attolini »

The best thing you can do is generate a trace to see what options the 8001 deskphone is searching for during the boot and what options your DHCP server is offering.

If you can, post traces here, maybe we can help you.
Giovanni A. Attolini
https://www.facebook.com/gio.atto

"When you make a stupid question, wait for a stupid answer!"
petersel

Post by petersel »

Hi, did anyone manage to find a working DHCP configuration, so that phone will switch to VOICE VLAN via some DHCP Option? For my the Option 43 with VLANID in Hexa (as for IPTouch) doesn't work.
ictmalle

Post by ictmalle »

Hi
we did extensive tests (wireshark) and the 8001 phones don't seem to be doing anything with the option 43 they receive. It just simply seems to drop them for no reason at all.

In short: you can't push the voice vlan via DHCP option 43 on an alcatel 8001 phone. (we dit all of that manually :( )

Return to “MAIN”