DTMF not working when dialing certain numbers

AndyK

DTMF not working when dialing certain numbers

Post by AndyK »

Hi All

hope everyone is well ?

I have a strange fault.... we have an OXO system on the latest release 103_043
the client is using a VOIP provider who is adamant and "100% sure" that their is no problem on their side and is confident that it is the PBX at fault.

I however tend to disagree with them....

Problem:
when dialling a number externally, sometimes when you dial the number, the DTMF function does not work... it seems to be only with certain numbers that this happens, now I know on the PBX you cant specify DTMF to work with some numbers an not others.... we are just sending all the traffic to the VOIP provider. so I my opinion this is indeed not a PBX issue but a VOIP provider issue, because if it were the PBX then in my opinion it would be doing it to all the numbers.

the problem is is I need to be able to prove this to them. they say they are not receiving RTP traffic from us and hence this is the problem.
The system is configured to use " out of band and RFC 4733 as a means of DTMF transmission on the Gateway configured (default).
I have traced and made a successful DTMF call.... but I cannot see the RTP traffic on the wireshark trace.

please could someone assist me in been able identify in wireshark when DTMF is used so that I can prove to the VOIP provider that we are indeed sending the DTMF traffic.

thanks
enio.eltz

Re: DTMF not working when dialing certain numbers

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

Post Wireshark traces of a call with problem.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Sorry

one thing I forgot to mention is that I do not see any RTP events in wireshark.... even with a successful call with the use of DTMF

thanks
mgoegel

Post by mgoegel »

How do you take the trace?
You should do it on the web tool and capture everything.

Regards Mario

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Hi Mario

that is the manner in which a took the trace, via the web tool and made sure everything was selected

regards
Andy
mgoegel

Post by mgoegel »

Hi Andy,

that's weird, as I can see here the RTP packets, when taking the capture.
Are you sure, the call is up via SIP/VoIP?
Can you post such a trace, even without the RTP packets? If it's private, then a PM to me would be ok.

Regards Mario
fe80

Post by fe80 »

Is RTP_DIRECT=true? In this case you will not see RTP on WebDiag traces while IP phones are used for the call. You need to take the trace from your access router.

Return to “MAIN”