Voice Mail Units missing / database corrupt

ckuehn

Voice Mail Units missing / database corrupt

Post by ckuehn »

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to the OXO and I was hoping someone could give me a hint from their experience. Probably, this problem was encountered by someone else before.
There is a longer story behind this, but I will stick to the problem at hand: at some point during the installation of an OXO, when we got to the point of configuring voice mail, I noticed that the voice mail units were missing from the subscriber list. I opened an ESR with ALE and was told that the database was corrupt and I had to do a cold reset.
Now normally this would not be a problem, however the PBX is at a remote site and we would rather avoid having to travel there again due to keep the costs low (I know...). To be honest, I am having a bad feeling resetting the OXO remotely, but I may be overly careful due to lack of experience with the equipment.

What I would like to know (and I appreciate any input on this) is:
- has someone seen the mentioned problem (VMUs missing from subscriber list) and found a way to mitigate this other than a cold reset?
- if not, should I insist on being on site when we do the reset? Or would this, from your experience, go well remotely? (I would take care to give the managing PC, to which I will be connected via TeamViewer, a secondary IP address in 192.168.92.0/24, I hope that would be sufficient.)

Thank you all in advance for sharing your experience.
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Voice Mail Units missing / database corrupt

Post by cavagnaro »

Database corruption could be a symptom for a bad HD...so...considering that, and the fact that OXO is OXO... I would be at site with a backup, a HD and maybe a board just in case...
OXO is a tricky lady

Enviado de meu E6633 usando Tapatalk

Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer

Return to “MAIN”