Upgrade path OXO

Xamuko

Upgrade path OXO

Post by Xamuko »

Hi guys..

I have an oxo running in 610/010.043

Problem is that from time to time we have to reboot it since it won't receive any external calls.
We have checked the traffic counters and the "Fault. overload inc. voice data" shows a lot of entries.

Is there any upgrade path i can consider in order to apply a new version of the firmware?.

Btw..is there any upgrade guide to follow?

thanks in advance!
KoenC

Re: Upgrade path OXO

Post by KoenC »

Hi Xamuko,

R6 is already a long time 'end of support...'
However, you can still update your Oxo to a newer (minor update) firmware: R 610/052.001
Maybe this could solve your issues. Just upload the firmware and reset the PBX by your OMC application.
There are no more possibilities to upgrade your PBX from R6 to OXO Connect R2.
Alcatel only allows R8 or higher to be upgraded to Oxo Connect.

Incoming lines are ISDN I suppose ?
Because you get these error messages because the PBX and modem receive a busy state when a call is offered...
If so, I would monitor it on the PBX (ISDN Trace) and simultaneously with an ISDN Tracing phone on the actual T0/S0.
This problem could also be generated from the public network...
This should be determined first.

Good Luck.
If I'm ever on life support, unplug me. Then plug me back in, see if that works...
alexeik

Post by alexeik »

Code: Select all

Alcatel only allows R8 or higher to be upgraded to Oxo Connect
is this true? i would bet we upgraded several older systems, even R1.1 oxo´s...
KoenC

Post by KoenC »

You can re-use some of it's hardware and pretend it's an upgrade, but previous acquired licenses like MLAA, ACD, etc. will be gone if you quote it in Actis (Alcatel quoting tool). If you buy all these licenses with the upgrade, the end users will never now it's a new system and not an upgrade, but in the end it's a new system and they will pay for it...

So it's possible you got licenses and configured a system migrating it from R1 to OXO connect, but in fact it was a "new" system... You just used the same configuration.

Feel free to ask your company's solution architect to explain it further... :)

good luck
If I'm ever on life support, unplug me. Then plug me back in, see if that works...
alexeik

Post by alexeik »

ahh ok, so it does not concern the technician, because the way is the same... thank you...
Xamuko

Post by Xamuko »

Hey KoenC...

Thanks for the info...and yes ..incoming lines are ISDN.

I'm planning to make the upgrade to the latest r6 as you mentioned. Nevertheless, i'm still wondering if i can upgrade above r6..like r9.

Is is possible?.

Thanks for the info.
alexeik

Post by alexeik »

nope, you can only stay in the major release (like you said to the latest r6 patch), and as chargeable migration only to the latest release (or buying a new system)
Xamuko

Post by Xamuko »

Ok, thanks!!!.

I'll try this week with the upgrade.
Xamuko

Post by Xamuko »

Hi Guys..

so ...the upgrade went great...however, the situation has gone worst...every week the main line gets busy and i have to warm reset the pbx to get it work or reestablish connection.

Any ideas?. I've also, took out the main line from the trunk group that make calls to see if that was the reason the line was getting busy all the time.
Xamuko

Post by Xamuko »

Hi guys...
happy new year to everyone...

so...the problem persists ... i've managed to replace the ethernet cable ...and use a direct line..meaning: 1 patch cord from the port1 in slot1 that goes directly to the wall jack..i thought my problems were over..but they're not. So far... i performed a warm reset once again.

Any ideas?.

thanks for your time reading and helping me with this escenario.

Return to “MAIN”