Factory reset 8039 Deskphone

shijad007

Factory reset 8039 Deskphone

Post by shijad007 »

How do I factory reset Alcatel 8039 Deskphone? I don't know the operator password. Please help.
KoenC

Re: Factory reset 8039 Deskphone

Post by KoenC »

Hi Shijad,

Can you specify your question? What are you trying to do exactly?
Because the phone itself goes to factory default if you disconnect it (as it is a digital phone).
The 8039 receives its bootfiles from the PBX. So every time you reconnect it to the system, the configuration of that port will be loaded.

If you wish to change the configuration of the phone, you should log in to the system by your OMC, or by an operator session.
For both you need the operator and/or installer password. Without the password, you cannot change the configuration.
I sugest you contact your Alcatel partner for this.

If you haven't got any of this, your only option is to do a complete factory reset of the PBX (LOLA).
But to do this, you probably haven't got the right skills and software.
Either way, you should contact/find an Alcatel partner for this.

Good luck
If I'm ever on life support, unplug me. Then plug me back in, see if that works...
shijad007

Re: Factory reset 8039 Deskphone

Post by shijad007 »

KoenC wrote: 19 Apr 2018 10:20 Hi Shijad,

Can you specify your question? What are you trying to do exactly?
Because the phone itself goes to factory default if you disconnect it (as it is a digital phone).
The 8039 receives its bootfiles from the PBX. So every time you reconnect it to the system, the configuration of that port will be loaded.

If you wish to change the configuration of the phone, you should log in to the system by your OMC, or by an operator session.
For both you need the operator and/or installer password. Without the password, you cannot change the configuration.
I sugest you contact your Alcatel partner for this.

If you haven't got any of this, your only option is to do a complete factory reset of the PBX (LOLA).
But to do this, you probably haven't got the right skills and software.
Either way, you should contact/find an Alcatel partner for this.

Good luck
Hi KoenC,
Thank you for your help. I can login to the operator mode of the phone using my installer password.

Return to “MAIN”