Permanent invalid key ???

Perceval

Permanent invalid key ???

Post by Perceval »

Hi everybody,
I'm facing a weird but nice(for me) issue, but I don't really know how to manage this.
I bought a R8.1 Oxo in the UK (with valid keys for this release and this country) and I updated it to R10.3 French (without any updated key). I reloaded my MAIN and CTI keys, and of course it says the keys are not valid (that's not the same version nor the same country).

When I have a look in OMC (I use versions 10.3.15a and 22.0.7.1a), the keys are planned for expiration in a month, but it does always use the current date of my computer, so expiration date is always moving (ie. if I looked on 7/31/2018, OMC says the keys will expire on 8/31/2018, and today for instance, it say it will expire on 9/15/2018).

Is it something normal ? Can I use "in real life" my OXO with no risk of getting into limited mode someday ? I didn't see anything about this in Alcatel doc and it appears to be okay for more than a month now...

Please note I bought this OXO for testing purposes and I don't really care if I loose the keys...

cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Permanent invalid key ???

Post by cavagnaro »

You can't upgrade like that... For new release there is always an upgrade on licenses too.
If you want your OXO working you must return to the version your keys are meant to be.
If you want to upgrade release you need to pay support for it and then buy new licenses for new features.

Now the fact that you mention that the expiration date moves forward seems kinda weird...if that is the case is a nice bug lol

Enviado de meu E6633 usando o Tapatalk

Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
Perceval

Post by Perceval »

Thanks for your kind answer, but I did know it would break the keys since it's not a "legal" update - I had to for my tests as I'm in France and the analog trunk spec is not the same, but it's not really important, the licences I have allow 12 analog + 12 ua, 2 recorders and nothing else, I would not break a licence with IP devices, auto attendant,.. :lol:
My testing setup is one 4029 and a generic analog phone (I was testing if this last one would work, and it works great except the caller id). Everything is sent to "silent hours" to the 500 main recorder. It's simple enough for me :)

My OP phone always says there's a licence problem, but everyday, the expiration day keeps incrementing by itself :shock: And everything works fine, the licences are fully working.

I'll keep an eye on it, maybe someday it will go into limited... Or never :p
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Lol, some people get lucky

Enviado de meu E6633 usando o Tapatalk

Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
alex

Post by alex »

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “MAIN”