Remote Software-Update without Xmem ?

Avi1

Remote Software-Update without Xmem ?

Post by Avi1 »

Hi there,

I couldn't get any information from the Manual of the Oxo, so i hope you can help me.

I have a customer which is about 400km away from us. He has an OmniPCX Office M R310_020.004. Since about one week he has a few problems. Now i want to update the software in his Omni to get rid of the problems. The main problem is, that i can't upload a newer software by remote. It alway quits with an Checksum error.

Now i wonder if there must be an Xmem in his Omni ?!

Thx Avi
astro

Post by astro »

Well, you can check whether or not he has an XMEM daughterboard. Connect to the system and go to "Hardware & Limits > Main Cabinet". Right click on the main CPU and press "Details". In the second tab, you'll get a listing of daughterboards on the CPU including XMEM or Hard Disk size.

Secondly, check to make sure that you are only checking the options that are already on the system when using the download tool. For example, if the system is not running VoIP, don't check the box to download the VoIP packages or the download might fail.

Thirdly, try another copy of the 410 software - if you're getting checksum errors, there may be a problem with the version that you've downloaded, and you might need a fresh one.

Finally, do you have the right license keys for the jump from 310 to 410? if you don't, the system will enter a temporary state once downloaded and you will have 30 days to upgrade the license key before the system locks down to 1 phone & 1 trunk.

That being said, what are the problems you are trying to fix by upgrading the system?
Avi1

Post by Avi1 »

Ok, he definitily has no Xmem.

the next is, that i don't want do upgrade from R310 to R410...
i only want to upgrad from R310.020_004 to R310.043_001. So there can not be any problems with the keys.

The posibility, that the firmware i tryed to upload could be damaged can be an explanation. I will download a fresh copy of that and then i try again.

Some problems i hope to fix with this are:
- on simply one digital port, there is an Advanced with an Plantronics Hook-Switch and an wireless Headset CS60. The problem is, that when you call the phone, there is no signal in the headset. It is ONLY on this one port, on every other port it works. i changed everything !! ;(
- sometimes outgoing calls get interuptet
- etc...

i hope to fix these problems with the newer firmware.

Thanks a lot

Avi
astro

Post by astro »

Right, that clears a few things up. If that's the case, I would suggest that the version of software that you have downloaded is corrupt. Grab a fresh one from the Business partner website and try with that.

If you have any questions, please let me know and i'll do my best to help you out.

Regards,
astro.
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by vad »

If this port is first digital port - by default this set in attendant group. Remove it from group.

Return to “MAIN”