IWS problem

MartinB

IWS problem

Post by MartinB »

Hi Guys

I am having an issue and massive fight on site at a client.

I am on the OXE side and then we have guys from Genesys application side on site as well. I know basic CCS but have no experience with Genesys.

They requested me to create 4 new agents for them. I created 4 agents on the OXE and they are all set up as AGENTS from my side.
They can log into ACD sets just fine. It works.
The problem is that when client tries to use IWS to log into the voice queue they are unable to do that.

I know there is nothing on the OXE where I need to link it to IWS and I keep telling them they need to somewhere in IWS, point the agent to link to a specific set. But they cannot get it to work. Now its at the point where the client is fighting and its a finger pointing as to who is responsible for this.

Can someone please give me a guideline as to what I need to tell them to look at so that IWS can link to whichever set number is needed?

I can go and download documentation and read through it but it might take me 3 or 4 days and I just don't have time for that at the moment.
If someone can just give me basic guide where they can do fault finding I will appreciate it.

All the old agents work it is only the 4 new agents I supplied them with that is not working. So I think they need to somewhere link those agents to the specific voice queue they have set up and then access the ACD set. I just need to know where so I can point them in the right direction so the client can the service needed.

thank you
regards
Martin
sadim
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: IWS problem

Post by sadim »

Hi,
I must say that a integrator is missing :)
Any way, check the OXE configuration from the old CCD Sets, mainly:
- The headset key
- Password at logon
- Assigned PGs
- Self assigned agente

Regards
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

Thank you Sadim.

He never had an ACD position programmed on their side. He added them now and now the IWS shows "Ready"
And my 1 set did not have a headset configured, when I double checked it now.

thank you for the assistance!
Martin
sadim

Post by sadim »

Hi,
You are welcome.

BRegards
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

Two options:
1.You pre assign the acd set to a processing group --> nothing to configure on Genesys regarding this
2. Genesys configures the processing groups in switch config as ACD queues on their side and these will be available for selection on the second login screen in IWS (different processing groups possible for log on)
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

Thank you tot3nkopf

Return to “GENESYS”