installing OTPE ver 3.1.201 on vmware esx 3.5

knightrider
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by knightrider »

oh sorry - no news from ALU

but I did manage to finally install my 2 machines (1 real & 1 VMware)

for the real, the answer was to ask the customer to give me the Win2k3 media and excel & SQL and let me install from scratch - no problem. Maybe they used some image to build server?!?
But what I tend to do is install the basic win2k3 and excel/sql then the premium suite, then after I do the AV and hot fixing and everything.

For the VMware where it was hanging to long during VisualCC server component install, I manually installed the component from the CD disk (solution specific) then used CME to lock it down :)
Here at Alcatel Unleashed we open the door... but you must walk through it yourself..
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Cool!
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

On my case I failed loading myself the physical machine.
knightrider

Post by knightrider »

failed on which part?
OS? SQL? excel? OTPE?
Here at Alcatel Unleashed we open the door... but you must walk through it yourself..
knightrider

Post by knightrider »

cavagnaro wrote:Cool!
Yeah - you don't wanna know how many chickens I went through - I'm probably the best chicken dancer in the UK now ;)

You must teach me some more magical dances - what other animals are useful for such a problem? :p
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

Always failed on VisualCC component as described in the first part of the thread. As for chicken dancing I think I am a pro in this matter :))
knightrider

Post by knightrider »

no tot3 - when you become pro (like Cav) then your problems will be over thanks to the spirit of the chicken. Until then, you are just an amateur chicken dancer like me... When we get to Cav level, then it becomes the "Chicken Salsa"...LOL

Back on topic now...
Ok, so is your VisualCC component failing to install after 15 minute timout or do you see the big red X appear much sooner than 15 mins?
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

I don't remember knight. This was back in january. I solved the issue installing on a virtual machine on my laptop (not a single issue - from first try - using same installation kits and same config steps) and converting it to ESX using VmWare converter like I described in the first posts of this topic).
I was just curious about what answer ALU gave over this (it cost me 3 days of chicken dancing at amateur level :D )
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Well when you master chicken level then guinea pig :) It that level all problems are easy to handle ;)
As for the Salsa...no thanks...I don't know how to dance it
knightrider

Post by knightrider »

oh yes - sorry... I should have read back the earlier post :o

It would have been good to see the logs. Nevermind... I can pretty much guarantee we haven't seen the last of this yet. ;)

Return to “PREMIUM / GCE”