4038 / 4068

neoelement

XML & IP Touch

Post by neoelement »

All,
There are two basic XML licenses you can choose from for developing applications using the Alcatel XML Presentation Server. They both provide you with the ability to write up to 255 unique and highly customized applications, they only differ in that the more expensive version allows for "call triggering" (the ability to initiate a call.. like a user directory or a group/area intercom menu.)

Just having the phone is not enough.. you need to buy the XML API license too. Don't be too bummed by this.. it isn't too expensive. Once you do have it, you'll have the ability to write and validate custom applications against the XML Presentation server.. which can then deliver the applications to the IP Touch (even through the optional encryption solution they just released.)

Cheers,
j
Avi1

Resetting a IP-Touch

Post by Avi1 »

Hi everybody,

does anyone of you know how to reset a IP-Phone (4038 or 4068) ?

I want to delete the static entrys in IP-Settings because i don't want someone else to see my ethernetsettings when i sell my used phones.

greetins

Avi
neoelement

Magic Reset Botton..

Post by neoelement »

AAHH, you're searching for the magic reset button on the IP Touch..

..as near as I can tell.. there isn't one. :shock:

The only way to clear the flash on an IP Touch is to interupt the boot sequence by pressing the "i" and "#" buttons and then dump the setting manually (enter all zeros).

If the firmware you're running is relatively new, there should be a "Reset to factory defaults" menu item on the main page that you can use (even if the menu system is locked and the 802.1X authentication settings are in effect.)
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Volume & Echo issue in 8 series

Post by frank »

tsjade

If you hear yourself in the handset and you don't like it:

mgr / Serie 8&9 / Audio Param / SIDETONE GAIN /

And change the one you need .
Code Free Or Die
pryan

Post by pryan »

We have 4039's in the office and can hear ourselves through the handset. Which parameter should I change? Sidetone Gain -> UA Handset Digital? Currently it is 0. Should I make this a negative?

Paul
frank

Post by frank »

When you are on the SIDETONE GAIN , hit TAB and check the values. Change it to the first negative that you see, validate, unplug and replug your phone, and test it. Please write back in here if it worked.
Code Free Or Die
Avi1

IpTouch + Plantronics 4068

Post by Avi1 »

Short question:

Is it possible to use a Plantronics CS60 Headset on an IPTouch 4068 or 4038 without the Hookswitch ?
I checked the plantronics website and there they suggest using an CS60 with an 4068.

I heard, that the IP-Phones have a integrated hookswitch.

perhaps anyone can help me :)

Thanks Avi
frank

Post by frank »

Yeah, I believe it's possible. I would just buy 1 and test if if I were you first tho..
Code Free Or Die

Return to “IpTouch Phones XML Applications”