Direct Fax File retrievial from 4635 Voice Mail

John_Kolodziejski

Direct Fax File retrievial from 4635 Voice Mail

Post by John_Kolodziejski »

We are using the 4635 Voice mail to send faxes to, it was working very well, but several mail boxes have more than 20 faxes in them and when we try to retrieve them using fetch mail, the IMAP service crashes. If there are only a few faxes in the mail box it works fine.

Question, is there a way to directly access the fax files on the 4635 server and copy them to another server to distribute them to the right owner? The access user name and password does not give us enought access rights to get to the directory the files are stored in.

Also, if we access the full mailboxes with a mail client like Outlook Express the 4635 IMAP server hangs also.

Thanks in advance for any help or information.

John K.
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Direct Fax File retrievial from 4635 Voice Mail

Post by cavagnaro »

This is not the Voice Mail forum, please post where it belongs
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
John_Kolodziejski

Would love to if there was one for the 4635 voice mail.
There were other groups for other versions, but not one for the 4635 voice mail, so I posted here, Plus, I thought it was reviewed before posting.

John
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Moved to 46X5 section
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
alex

Post by alex »

First It's better check configuration of fax MBs.
Second I would recommend to check for 4635 SW updates.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
John_Kolodziejski

We have already checked the oblivious items, we need to go a whole lot deeper.

That is why I am posting here. I am looking for someone that might have a very extensive knowledge of the inner workings of the system, not just a general knowledge and someone who would offer answers that a basic technician would suggest.

I work with a great team of Alcatel technicians through my support company, they have been working very hard to correct the issue, but so far have not had any luck. The IMAP service keeps failing and will not stay up, so we are look for a more reliable way to extract the files from the location they are stored. I have a great bits and bytes guy who can manipulate the raw files once they have been pulled off the 4635 server.

Please do not post a reply unless you have a very specific way we can access the root storage of the files within the 4635 voice mail server.

Thank you,

John
alex

Post by alex »

John_Kolodziejski wrote: Please do not post a reply unless you have a very specific way we can access the root storage of the files within the 4635 voice mail server.
I have a very specific way of posting whenever and whatever I find necessary to post.
You got it all wrong. It is a public community, not a 24/7 VIP tech-support. So enjoy youself waiting for the "way we can access the root storage of the files within the 4635 voice mail server". :lol:
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “Voicemail (46x5)”