voice mail problem

penny

voice mail problem

Post by penny »

the existing stand alone system using R5.1.2 with vpu5, three digit numbering plan(100-300) with system manager mail box 222 and 555. there was extension 222 with voice mail directory assigned to one person.
now the extension 222 allocated to new user.he needs new greeting. when i tried to delete the mail box 222 and re create, still getting old mail box greeting.
how to resolve this problem?
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by vad »

Customize mailbox 222. from set dial VM access and choose options "4". And follow VM voice guides.
patmul39

voice mail problem

Post by patmul39 »

I would also suggest changing the managers' mailbox numbers from the initial set up (222 & 555). If you continue to use the 222 mailbox for a normal subscriber, how will you log in to the voice mail menu for administrative purposes?
spring

Post by spring »

Running initialize on off-line mode of 4635. before doing initialization, go to system menu and then write down the VPMOD number. All greeting, message and mailbox will be erased.

1. Reboot VMS on menu 13
2. Looking for Combo File System...

SYSTEM FILE STATUS: 00 01 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 02
SYSTEM FILE RAM: 00
SYSTEM BOOT AREA A

ENTER BOOT COMMAND (autoboot in 3 min): [Ctrl D] + U
3. go to Menu 20 - Service Operations
- Main Menu -
3 - Drive Install Utilities

4. select 6 - Initialize System
Initialize System
<Wait>

You will destroy existing database.
Do you wish to continue (y/n): y

Enter number of user records [default 15000]:

Enter number of CDR blocks [default 5000]:

About to initialize system.

Do you wish to continue (y/n): y

Checking phrases on drive 0 ...<Wait>
I N I T I A L I Z I N G . . . . . <Wait>

5. 4635 reboot automatically

6. Looking for Combo File System...

SYSTEM FILE STATUS: 00 01 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 02
SYSTEM FILE RAM: 00
SYSTEM BOOT AREA A
Changed SRAM to use default flex port info.

ENTER BOOT COMMAND (autoboot in 3 min): A

7. Answer following questions
Have you completed every step in the upgrade or initialisation
procedure to this point? (Y/N): Y

NEW DATA DIRECTORY WILL BE INITIALIZED. ANY PREVIOUS DATA IN

IT WILL BE LOST. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS (Y/N): Y
Initializing system data base, please stand by...

Menu 0 - First Time Setup

Company Information...

Name:

Address:
:
:

Phone (include area code):
Enter the company address, up to 30 characters per line.
VPMOD...

VPMOD Serial Number: VPMOD ID:

Number of digits in a mailbox number:

VPMOD's phone number (include area code): Ext:

Saved Messages - Keep Date/Time Stamp of When the Message was Received:

Type of telephone system VPMOD is connected: 1 - North American

Number of Digits in an Extension (Used for Outcalling and ECP):
Number of Digits in an Extension (Used for Message Waiting):
Time of Day to Refresh Message Waiting Indicators (if Applicable):

System Managers...

Primary System Manager:

Name: Manager One
Mailbox Number: 2222
Initial Mailbox Password: 2222

Secondary System Manager:

Name: Manager Two
Mailbox Number: 5555
Initial Mailbox Password: 5555

Directory Mailbox:

Name:
Mailbox Number: 411
Initial Mailbox Password: 411
Directory

Loading System Tables - Please Wait
didikokfandi

Re: voice mail problem

Post by didikokfandi »

hello , i need your help i have experiencing problem with voice mail, when i try to play the recorded message on vioce mail its says different date time in the end of the message it said sent on march 1985 time..... , how do i configure the right date
vad

Post by vad »

What is your VM release? Was announcement about VM:
Hi All,

I wanted to bring to your attention this eflash notification relating to 4635H and 4635J voice mail systems running on 4400 and OXE systems.

The first notification was sent in February, (see Eflash 031 attached) but the commercial offer and pricing was not available at that time.
The second Eflash with the commercial terms and conditions was sent on the 11th May, (see eflash 054 and the official notification email attached).

This affects all 4400 and OXE systems running 4635H and 4365J voicemail solutions, and will cause a hard stop of vmail functionality on 24/11/2015..

There is a 4635H&J software upgrade available (Release 5.6.0) for systems running OXE release 9 software and above. (see attached TC2051 showing software compatibility, installation notes etc)
This upgrade can be ordered from ebuy from the 6th July onwards

Please make sure that you review your installed base of systems and prepare to migrate to OpenTouch or to upgrade the voicemail software before 24th November, to ensure continued operation of the 4635H&J Vmail systems for your customers after the 24th of November.

NB. For customers who are still running on software versions older than R9, the only option will be to upgrade to the latest OXE / 4635 releases or migrate to OpenTouch
didikokfandi

Post by didikokfandi »

vad wrote:What is your VM release? Was announcement about VM:
Hi All,

I wanted to bring to your attention this eflash notification relating to 4635H and 4635J voice mail systems running on 4400 and OXE systems.

The first notification was sent in February, (see Eflash 031 attached) but the commercial offer and pricing was not available at that time.
The second Eflash with the commercial terms and conditions was sent on the 11th May, (see eflash 054 and the official notification email attached).

This affects all 4400 and OXE systems running 4635H and 4365J voicemail solutions, and will cause a hard stop of vmail functionality on 24/11/2015..

There is a 4635H&J software upgrade available (Release 5.6.0) for systems running OXE release 9 software and above. (see attached TC2051 showing software compatibility, installation notes etc)
This upgrade can be ordered from ebuy from the 6th July onwards

Please make sure that you review your installed base of systems and prepare to migrate to OpenTouch or to upgrade the voicemail software before 24th November, to ensure continued operation of the 4635H&J Vmail systems for your customers after the 24th of November.

NB. For customers who are still running on software versions older than R9, the only option will be to upgrade to the latest OXE / 4635 releases or migrate to OpenTouch
Thank you, but im still newbie here so im only know that my vm using vpu6 card release 5.1 or could be 5.2. omnipcxenterprises 10.1.1

Return to “Voicemail (46x5)”