Documents not showing in presentation Window in IE 11

jbower

Documents not showing in presentation Window in IE 11

Post by jbower »

I have run into an issue after we just had MTW installed. If someone is running IE 11 and they try to upload a doc the presentation window does not show the document. However, if I open up MTW in Chrome it shows the document in the presentation window. I also tested it in Mozilla and it shows up there as well. So I guess my issue is why is it not working in IE since we are told that to use the full functionality of MTW it is best to use IE? So any help would be appreciated.
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Documents not showing in presentation Window in IE 11

Post by cavagnaro »

Which version of MTW? Have you put the MTW under trusted zones and followed the configuration needed on permissions?
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
jbower

Post by jbower »

Here is the version of MTW Advanced Communications Server 9.1.0b6874, I have placed it under trusted zones. I believe permissions have been setup correctly. I guess my issue with that is we want individuals in our organization to use this but we have to jump through hoops to make it work on their machines. Our environment has over a 1000 users and most of which are not administrators of their own machines.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

I see, then ask the domain guy to deploy a security rule following TW guides. Basically allowing to install the ActiveX and execute it.

Genesys Developer
jbower

Post by jbower »

So my BP rep has opened a ticket with ALU and they are actually addressing the issue right now by providing a patch. So the issue is ALU does not keep up with the latest versions of IE. Guess what when a manufacturer says the preferred browser is IE and the app is built for business they need to keep up with the latest and greatest releases. It is unacceptable to do anything less. So I will be waiting of this patch.

Side point to last post in a huge environment it is ridiculous to have to make a global setting to accommodate any app by any vendor be it ALU, Apple or whoever. That being said I will await the patch and hopefully be able use this without any issues.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

The problem resides on browser and changes/compatibilities they made. IExplorer is well known to be the worst on this kind. Its not ALU, apple, facebook, etc fault. It is MS and their poor design of their browser. That being said is why ALU has to accomodate to the browser instead of the browser follow well known standards

Genesys Developer

Return to “My Teamwork (ex-eDial)”