Voice mail sent to mail server?

jbower

Voice mail sent to mail server?

Post by jbower »

I was wondering if it is possible to have voice mail forwarded to a separate email server? Our current setup requires a user to have a client in outlook running to pull voice messages to outlook. If the person uses a laptop and the client is logged off they do not receive voice mails via email until the client is up and running again. This is not the most effective method for individuals that are not tied to their desk. I was wondering if there is a way to have the voice messages sent to a separate email server instead of using IMAP.
alex

Re: Voice mail sent to mail server?

Post by alex »

If e-mail client is logged off then no mails from any server could be read. So what's the point of sending vm messages to another server?
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
jbower

Post by jbower »

So that it can push it to a mobile device. So back to my question?
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by oldboy »

What Voicemail are you using?
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
jbower

Post by jbower »

oldboy

Post by oldboy »

Then the answer is no unfortunately, IMAP is your only option, you will need to look at 8440 or other external options that use SMTP as an option
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
alex

Post by alex »

You can't configure much in 4635 IMAP.
So the best solution is ICS.
You also could try cheap and dirty way- one of my customer uses Linux mail server as a "relay agent" to get e-mails from VM boxes then they are processed the way needed.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “My Messaging / IMAP”