ICM Client Communication Error

Rainman

ICM Client Communication Error

Post by Rainman »

Hi.

We have an existing UC system that we purchased from the local Alcatel vendor. For the past 5 months we have been working with our vendor on getting our UC platform up and running. We seem to be facing alot of issues. on of them I have outlined below.

We are using the Omnitouch 8400 "My ICM v2.7.014.002" on our LAN. For some users we load the software and it works like a charm but there are other users that we load the client on that come up with a communication error (Screen shot doc attached). Users on the same subnet 1 will be able to communicate and the second will get the error. This seems to be at random in the organisation.

I have also noticed that I am unable to ping the host: Otuc from both workstations that can use the clients and those that cant.

Am hoping that someone can help me out in resolving this soonest.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: ICM Client Communication Error

Post by cavagnaro »

Well the fact that you can't ping it means only one thing:
Firewall...

So what I guess is that the ICS firewall is active, ask your installer to do a checksystem routine and see what errors it shows. If you don't have a faxserver on that machine it must be off.
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer

Return to “MyIC (My Instant Communicator)”