One number services (Ring cell and deskphone at same time)

lakme231

One number services (Ring cell and deskphone at same time)

Post by lakme231 »

I have a requirement by a customer, who had this feature with their Avaya system where in when call comes in it rings the cell as well the deskphone at the same time. The customer does not want any tandem configuration and is looking for this type of solution in ICS - One number services. someone suggested that CRG i.e. Call routing group might be helpful in this scenario. I request everyone to kindly please share any information you might have about this type of set up via One number services. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: One number services (Ring cell and deskphone at same tim

Post by tot3nkopf »

You need remote extension license for that. You can the setup tandem or set supervision with the main set.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Hi again,
I have to put my opinions here...sorry mate. You work for ALU, who is absolutely charging the customer you are working on. ALU unfortunately never had any intention to support us on any way. You know we help on behalf of a community of users. I do know some ALU guys come here and post to help us but that is the exception to the rule and do it under their name, not ALU.
The fact that you work for ALU means you should have access to whole their resources (Yes, I know, in theory) and work as the best...I frankly have a difficult time deciding whether to support you or not...not because of you but your employer...

I don't understand why TANDEM can't be used, one number (ICS) will route to one or other number based on a rule you create. However OpenTouch do have something like what you mention...

Regards
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
haroun

Post by haroun »

hi
canavaro ics is supporting one number service right ,and there is a web tool to manage it right
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Yes,
ICS does support OneNumber and have a web interface, however it will route to only one number at the time
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
joao.carlos

Post by joao.carlos »

Online OpenTouch can do fork to ring many devices in the collaboration products.
If the requirement is only two devices, tandem should solve it.
---
joao.carlos
ACSE OXE R12 | ACSE OpenTouch R2 | ACSE OXO Connect R2 | ACSE OmniVista 8770 R3 | ACFE OmniSwitch R6/R7/R8 | ACSE OTCS R8.2
ACPS IP Telephony R12 | ACPS OpenTouch R2 | ACPS Data Networks R6/R7 | ACPS OTCS R8.2

Return to “MyIC (My Instant Communicator)”