Laundry List of issues with MyIC

burkhalp74

Laundry List of issues with MyIC

Post by burkhalp74 »

I'm going to put out a list of items here that my partner hasn't been able/willing to be of great service with and see if anyone has any advice....

1) You have to right click on "Open My Contacts" when first logging in to the program to see your contact list... should open by default.
2) If you click to save password, and your password expires, it is impossible to open the program back up to change your password. Ideally would sync with AD automatically.
3) Random messages stating "Communication with the messaging server has been lost" etc... Can't find a reason.
4) Random users can't connect to the server for some reason that is unknown... I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting.

Any help on any of these would be greatly appreciated.
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Laundry List of issues with MyIC

Post by cavagnaro »

Hum...so you wish to destroy your partner hehe
The first 2 options are "WISH LISTS"...not something the partner or anybody doesn't want to do. It is like if you sell me your product whatever it is and I as customer WOULD WISH it could do something else...maybe the same but on a different way...will it happen? Probably not, right?
Synchronizing automatically with AD? Really? Where is the security then? Bad on you
Connection lost means your network :) yes! YOUR network, usually DNS, timeouts, unresponsive customer PC, etc. So if your partner doesn't handle ALL your network too you have also job to do.
Same thing, random is random until you find a pattern and work on that. Can't connect is go generic, can ping? can browse? can login but no password? etc...

So as you can see your "lets demonstrate my partner sucks" idea is not 100% like that :)

We are like sort of doctors, if you have a pain you need many exams and tests as there can be more than 1 single cause to many symptoms.
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
burkhalp74

Post by burkhalp74 »

cavagnaro wrote:Hum...so you wish to destroy your partner hehe
The first 2 options are "WISH LISTS"...not something the partner or anybody doesn't want to do. It is like if you sell me your product whatever it is and I as customer WOULD WISH it could do something else...maybe the same but on a different way...will it happen? Probably not, right?
Synchronizing automatically with AD? Really? Where is the security then? Bad on you
Connection lost means your network :) yes! YOUR network, usually DNS, timeouts, unresponsive customer PC, etc. So if your partner doesn't handle ALL your network too you have also job to do.
Same thing, random is random until you find a pattern and work on that. Can't connect is go generic, can ping? can browse? can login but no password? etc...

So as you can see your "lets demonstrate my partner sucks" idea is not 100% like that :)

We are like sort of doctors, if you have a pain you need many exams and tests as there can be more than 1 single cause to many symptoms.
I can somewhat agree that the first 2 are wish list items, but I wanted to know if it was possible to change the behavior of the program.
Yes, I would like the program to SSO, I don't see any security problems with that if the user is authenticated on a domain computer with their Windows credentials.
On the connection, I will dig deeper but I can tell you that I can ping the server and log in through internet explorer. The problem comes up when my user is using the client installed on their PC.

I'll try and go a little easier on my partner :)
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

No, as you say, it is a behaviour. Can you change the way Outlook behaves when clicking Reply button? Unless you have source code, you can't.
AD is just a DB query, ICS stores a password, if you would like it to automatically "refresh" to the new password this would mean that ICS somehow will be able to read the password that is encrypted/stored on the AD or in the user head...meaning in the first point it would have to hack your system (decipher) or become psychic to know the password on your user mind...
Ping is one thing, browse is another, web services and integration differ...again, what are the symptoms? What error do you get? Tested DNS reverse??? Many variables to guess
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer

Return to “MyIC (My Instant Communicator)”