Problem with Websoftphone 4980

cdperez_DUP

Problem with Websoftphone 4980

Post by cdperez_DUP »

Hi all,

I use the websoftphone and i think that is very cool, but i can´t use it in all the sites of my office neither my home... in the office if i connect my pc to the wireless lan and the application don´t work. I have been studing the topology and disabled the firewall of the omniaccess but the problem persist... The only work of the OAW now is make NAT beetwen The wireless and the LAN. Is posible that the problem was the NAT?
If i tried to connect the VPN from my home to use OTUC, can see the mail´s and configure my assistant but the softphone don´t work... only display the history of call but can´t do a call.
In the both case that i mentioned, the Alcatel-Lucent VoIP module is started but appear with a symbol of not working, i think that the problem may be the client PC but same PC work fine in the LAN of the office and not from the Wireless neither from remote mode.
I have already installed the OTUC R5.0.001.566
Some idea about this case to resolve the problem???
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Problem with Websoftphone 4980

Post by cavagnaro »

Must use a VPN with connection to OTUC and OXE. NAT will may not work because the way communication works inside OTUC.
I use VPN at work and also my customers and no problems at all.
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
cdperez_DUP

Post by cdperez_DUP »

Hi again,

In effect i change the topology and the NAT was eliminated from my LAN and the softphone work fine in all the office, thank you. But the problem with the VPN continue, i check the VPN connection and see all ok, in fact i can access with ssh to my oxe. The DNS of the office work fine with the VPN, i can resolve direction like otuc or oxe and others servers. Yesterday i check the OXE to see if my softphone try to connect whit the pbx and the ip of the extension was the ip of my remote pc, but the VoIP module don´t let me do any call, because appear whit the icon of "inactive" (i don´t know say what it means that icon... :? ). Some other idea to solve that? its posible that the bandwhith is the problem? Thanks again for your help.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

That icon status means that:
1. It can't connect to OXE
2. It can't find a sound card

To know why I'd consider to install A4980 and try to do the same.

Genesys Developer
cdperez_DUP

Post by cdperez_DUP »

Hi,

I tried with A4980 but the problem persist... the result is the same. I captured the packets with wireshark in both scenes, in the office (work fine) and my home (don´t work). The results are very seemed... both connects with the oxe and download the archive lanpbx.cfg and later the softphone call the file starttscip. After this secuence (same in both case), the GD start comunication with softphone by IP and UDP packtes. But in my home, after a fews UDP packets, the softphone ask by the file starttscip again and the process repeat but never connect.... Thanks for your help.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Seek for the troubleshooting guide and create the pcmm.cfg file and _4980.cfg, this will give you a better idea of what is going on

Genesys Developer
patty

Post by patty »

Sounds like some ports are blocked.
Does it work fron home in "cellular mode" ?
usmanikf

Post by usmanikf »

Hello,

I can use 4980 softphone nomadic mode thru VPN but can't use PCMM mode

I have two sites both are having Juniper firewall, both the sites are not working .... any advise what could be the problem...

Return to “4980 - WebSoftPhone”