A4980 softphone client remote connection via Internet

ycarus

A4980 softphone client remote connection via Internet

Post by ycarus »

Anyone here has tried configuring the softphone client/ OTUC Web Interface connection using one public IP on the Internet?

I'm exploring on this set-up & so far I've been successful on initial connection, but its lacking a few voice services on the configuration of the firewall.Voice telephony services is not available when i tried to login successfully.

Is this recommended?.I want to rid the VPN client connection from using the softphone client & the Web UI of OTUC.

Any suggestion?
manutel

Re: A4980 softphone client remote connection via Internet

Post by manutel »

ycarus wrote:Anyone here has tried configuring the softphone client/ OTUC Web Interface connection using one public IP on the Internet?

I'm exploring on this set-up & so far I've been successful on initial connection, but its lacking a few voice services on the configuration of the firewall.Voice telephony services is not available when i tried to login successfully.

Is this recommended?.I want to rid the VPN client connection from using the softphone client & the Web UI of OTUC.

Any suggestion?
We were working on a similar solution to allow remote subscribers to use WebSoftphone from different networks, including Internet. In fact OTUC seems to be designed to share the same local network as the rest of elements (Call Servers, Iphones and so on), this is because in fact the WebSoftphone uses a H.323 phone (Gaelic) and H.323 does not support NAT, so all the networks must be routed (this implies that to allow connections from Internet all your internal equipment, including Call Servers and OTUC should have public addressing)
We have designed a solution that uses a VPN to access to the internal voice local network. Using Cisco VPN Client and Cisco VPN Server, we have succesfully tested and validated the solution. The voice quality is good even when using wireless connections.
ycarus

Re: A4980 softphone client remote connection via Internet

Post by ycarus »

We're working on the softphone with the VPN access also. One good thing with this set-up is that you can consider the access secure.But it's complicated for a normal user, that's why im trying to publish it to the Internet so just to make the access easy to them.I'm trying it on the OTUC W.I. right now but i think there are a lot of services involved in the process.Access needs more than HTTP and SSL,the H.323 signalling is needed as well.The problem about the signalling is that it comes from another server aside form the OTUC.I guess it uses a few more.....

Return to “4980 - WebSoftPhone”