Hotel SIP Message

hakuna

Hotel SIP Message

Post by hakuna »

Hello!

I am dealing with a hotel setup and each room has two SIP phones. One with display and one without and they have been configured as 2+room number and 3+room number. For example, room 786 would be 2786 for room phone and 3786 for bathroom phone. The hunt group is 1+room number or 1786.
The hotel is running opera and interfaced with the Alcatel via TigerTMS.
Check-in and checkout is fine and everything is nice except everytime a guest would checkin they get an annoying message that reads:

You are in the group

This message beeps every hour until the guest reads or deletes the message. I want to completely get rid of text messages or at least this message upon checkin.

Please advise.,
Hakuna Matata
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Hotel SIP Message

Post by oldboy »

Why are you using Hunt Group? Hotel has a feature called suite feature which will do all of this for you, the PMS system checks in one number and the sets are tied to the suite it works well and easy to setup.
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
hakuna

Post by hakuna »

I will try it on one room and check if I am still getting the message.
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

You cannot do it on one room it is the whole system or nothing, and due to it not being a huntgroup you will not get any message just dial tome.
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
hakuna

Post by hakuna »

Basically, these messages are from the hunt group and have nothing to do with check-in. However, I found no way to disable these message on the Alcatel 8001 phone set. Driving us krazy! please help
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

This is the incorrect way to setup a hotel environment if you have 2 sets in a room you need to use suite feature, then you will no longer get any message and when you dial the suite number both sets ring, when you dial from either set the correct name is shown.
hakuna

Post by hakuna »

Thanks for the reply Oldboy. I cant change the setup now but definitely planning to change the setup in low season.
Is there any workaround? How can I disable the "you are in group" notifications either from omnipcx or from the phone set?
hakuna

Post by hakuna »

Any workaround or ideas would be highly appreciated! Anyone?

Thanks
tgn

Post by tgn »

are these sets programmed as sip extensions?
if yes program the hunting group as a ua-virtual phone set and give the ‚geoup members‘ set supervision keys with ringing. on the downside the ‚group members‘ cannot leave the group. but i think you don’t need this, isn’t it?

regards...
--- back to basics... focus your eyes to the essential things... ---
oldboy

Post by oldboy »

change the guide that plays you are in the group to dial tone!

Return to “Hotel / Hospital”