AHL Simulator over V24

IvanP

Re: AHL Simulator over V24

Post by IvanP »

OK, I'm feelling really stupid at the moment! All my installation was on D:\AHL instead on C:\AHL...

Just another question. I'm trying to use AHL V1 software to act as if I'had a Siemens with an EasyLynk in my network so I can develop the communication module in my software. I wonder how must I configurate the V1 to act in that way cos the more I read documentation the less I understand how to do it. Sorry if this are too basic questions but this is the first time to me interacting with telephone systems (and hope not the last, of course).
What I want to do is:
- Open a socket against the V1 simulator.
- Start sending commands using AHL protocol (check-in, check-out, call list, etc).
- Close the socket until next time.

I can't make the program to open any listen socket where I can connect to and start sending commands. Instead It ask me to introduce a IP address and to connect with it. When I try 127.0.0.1 it says «The Link is not active, please check the IP address of PC and the connection and try again». Also both 2533 and 2561 ports appear as «Connection closed» and Link Status «Down»; I've opened both ports on the firewall but nothing has changed. Here are two Screenshots that show the problem:

Thanks a lot
Iván
ccube

Post by ccube »

Hi Ivan,

You need an OXE to make the AHL Simulator work.
murraya
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by murraya »

hi, do you want to test against a "oxe" simulator? that is are you testing your application to see if it can talk to an AHL on the oxe? if so I have seen such an application but cant find it at the moment. maybe someone else has a copy of it.
Best Regards
Murray

ACSE 10.0 corporate
ACSE 6.x IPT data
ccube

Post by ccube »

Hi Murraya,

Is the OXE Simulator different from an OXE on VMWare?
murraya

Post by murraya »

yep, still can't find it. I hate it when that happens.
Best Regards
Murray

ACSE 10.0 corporate
ACSE 6.x IPT data
IvanP

Post by IvanP »

Thanks! all for your interest. If someone can find the OXE simulator it would be wonderful. I haven't imagined in my life this was so complex. I'll try to find it too and if I found it will post here.

Iván
murraya

Post by murraya »

I think I've found it :)
I hope this is what you are after. it allows you to be either the PMS or PCX.
haven't tried it for a while so would need to use it to remember how it works. :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards
Murray

ACSE 10.0 corporate
ACSE 6.x IPT data
stefanc

Post by stefanc »

Hi !

Is there an AHL simulator over V24 that actually works, I´ve tried the 4.5 version and I cannot get this work. It seems very very old. I´m very surprised that Alcatel dont have a pro product for a technician, or do they !!!

Regards ...
/S
murraya

Post by murraya »

hi, here is a very very old prog I used for serial to test link working on 4400. you burn the image to floppy and boot off it. you will need an old lappy I guess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards
Murray

ACSE 10.0 corporate
ACSE 6.x IPT data
muirenee

Post by muirenee »

Hello,

I'm trying to get AHL simulator current version without success. Can someone PM me then new version even AHL_v1?

Thank you in advance guys
Regards,

Irenee

Return to “Hotel / Hospital”