ecs domain name

select1967

ecs domain name

Post by select1967 »

I recently upgraded my ADSL connection and purchased 5 IP addresses.

i declared various machines on the network, programmed them as DHCP and obtatined a local ip address from the router.

i then mapped a fixed ip address to the local address, reset the device and things were working ok.

one of the devices is my Alcatel-Lucent communicaiton server. Again i programed this as DHCP and assigned a fixed ip address and then reset. Again no problem.

once issues is causing me a problem though. My Alcatel-Lucent communication server has a programmed domain of ABC.net

All my email and web is housed on the server an relies on this domain. Since i allocated it a fixed IP address my servers domain name has changed to 2wire.gateway.net

this stops email being received. If i manually change it back on my server to ABC.net everything works ok but randomly through the day it reverts back to 2wire.gateway.net

Obviously this is happening because iam getting my ip address from the router, the only way is DHCP, can i stop this happening ?

i have modifed the routers domain to ABC.net but it still keeps on changing .. help ?

Return to “AECS - Alcatel Extended Communication Server”