Common hardware TDM DR-Link problem

http://www.nice.com
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Common hardware TDM DR-Link problem

Post by tot3nkopf »

Gentlemen I have the following problem:

R 10.1.1 (redundancy + separate CS2 server for 4645 VM)
Encryption (IP Touch security)
Nice Log 8.9

2 MG L with 2 GD3
In each MG there is a PCM board connected to a Nice Logger. We are recording IP Touch sets.

Following incidents occur:
case 1 18/03/13 16:16:29 000049M|001/00/0/110|=4:2011=No more TS between CR 253 and CR 2 or no more conference resources
case 2 18/03/13 16:30:55 000049M|001/00/0/090|=4:2011=No more TS between CR 253 and CR 3 or no more conference resources
case 3 18/03/13 16:31:25 000049M|001/00/0/090|=4:2011=No more TS between CR 251 and CR 18 or no more conference resources

They are linked to the following scenarios (note that this is not linked to traffic --> tests were performed out of business hours with no other call present in the system):
case 1: 3 way conference call MG 2
case 2: 3 way conference call MG 3
case 3: embedded 4645 voice mail call

Other scenarios recording is ok. In the scenarios above the recording of the 3rd device is silent.

I have noticed also the following thing on PCM (using listerm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Coupler: 2 3 Logic type: CPL_Z30 Board:MG_IVR_ State: IN SERVICE |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Cry:Cpl:ac:term| neqt | typ term | dir nb | Out of service cause |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2 3 0 0 | 00449 | FANTOME | | . . . . . . . . Y . |
| 2 3 0 1 | 00450 | AUTPOS | 30011240 | . . . . . . . . . . |
| 2 3 0 2 | 00451 | AUTPOS | 30011241 | . . . . . . . . . . |
| 2 3 0 3 | 00452 | AUTPOS | 30011242 | . . . . . . . . . . |

--> signaling channel is out of service (on other nodes with crystal hardware this is in service)

CR 251 is referenced as: missing resources for recording a simple conversation or a member of a three party
telephonic conference located in another crystal

CR 253 is referenced as : the telephonic conference resource originates from a MEX or GD board and the
recording of a member of a third-party conference in crystal P2 is impossible.

However GD3 has 24 conference resources.

The issue is present also on another node with same configuration. (2 nodes same hw and sw config same issue)

We have tried to reproduce the issue in our lab with exact same release of Nice logger and OXE and with same common hardware and failed (recording is ok for 3 way conference). This rules out an incompatibility of the OTS server release for instance (from my point of view).

Any comments are welcome.

Regards.
krzysioD

Re: Common hardware TDM DR-Link problem

Post by krzysioD »

Hi Bogdan,
tot3nkopf wrote: 2 MG L with 2 GD3
In each MG there is a PCM board connected to a Nice Logger. We are recording IP Touch sets.
IIRC: system limit for drlink recording was, in common hw, up to 50 channels, up to TWO E1 links, in ONE crystal (one GD!)
When i played with this, i could create two E1s and - send record request and put voice into any TS- 1..30 of any two E1 cards, but, not for more than 50 at a given time.
Incidents were very confusing.
Also you say:
tot3nkopf wrote: We are recording IP Touch sets.
Why not ip-dr-link then? Is it incopatible with nice and thales module?
Anyway, try to put two recording boards into one MG, and add some GA/MADA in this shelf. Should work.
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

Hi Krzysztof,
krzysioD wrote: system limit for drlink recording was, in common hw, up to 50 channels, up to TWO E1 links, in ONE crystal (one GD!)
Still is 50 channels.
krzysioD wrote:
tot3nkopf wrote: We are recording IP Touch sets.
Why not ip-dr-link then? Is it incopatible with nice and thales module?
Anyway, try to put two recording boards into one MG, and add some GA/MADA in this shelf. Should work.
We want to be able to record also other type of sets (analog, DECT). IP DR-Link is compatible with Nice and Thales.
The reason for using one PCM per shelf is redundancy. GA no longer required (GD3 capacity for 3 way conference is 24 ---> compared to GD and GD2 which is 3)

Regards.
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

Yeap, checked old docs dude:
inc 2011:
<quote>
Be Carrefull : A GD board or GA or MEX has only one DSP dedicated to 3 party conference
and only a maximum of 3 telephonic conferences are possible. That means if the media
gateway has only one GD, the system will only support 3 simultaneous recording. The 2011
incident message will be generated in case of saturation. </quote>
In crystal mg - you have C1 on back panel that could do mix and send it to PCM2, in common, i'm afraid that short answer is no way to do it.
try to do it with UAI board - it works (as UAI have conference equipment on board, or was it only UA/eUA?).
This system should go with ip dr link & tdm dr link, or GD3 and PowerMEX and GAConf ?
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

As already specified the number of 3 way conferences supported by GD3 is 24 (compared to only 3 in GD and GD2). (check the "new docs" :) ) so no need for GAConf
I also checked the "old docs" :wink:

Return to “NICE”