Info Fax Server

agiftel

Info Fax Server

Post by agiftel »

Hi all. Today I called my own country Alcatel's support and we had a chat about Fax server; He told me that the are some features that is still not working on OFS, like authentications on external LDAP, or Fax notification on MyIC and so on...
I would like to ask u some info, just to know what u guys have had working on OFS v. 5.6.2.55 ( my own intallation )
1: On RED HAT intallations does SENDMAIL service has to be present?? ( I suppose so because under /opt/ofs/scripts there is a script named " configsendmail.sh )
2: If i set an Incoming routing toward printer, is it works?? ( i made some test but it doesn't... I configured printer with name printers:\\172.16.52.228 )
3: If I would like to receive/send faxes from Outlook ( or others smtp clients ) have I to install plugins on my local machine ( where is installated outlook )???
4: How can OFS know where to send outgoing mails if there isn't a field where I can set SMTP server ??? ( I can't find it..... help please)

As u can see... My ideas are not so clear about it and... Documentations are really poor ( ALcatel's Support tell me that as well today ).
Can u help me to understand something more???
Thanks....
krzysioD
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Info Fax Server

Post by krzysioD »

Sendmail still exists in very old version in ALL of ALU's servers, starting with 4645 for example.
And, still answer from ALU is: other MTA or modifying the Sendmail config files/version is forbidden and not supported.
About printer i thing than your printer must support HP-PCL or PostScript, but this needs to be confirmed, tried to setup printing on networked printer but without any luck.

As for Otuc FAX Server i've made choice not to propose this solution to no-one. If customer want's simple fax server-> hylafax (connected by h323 or sip-user or n x 2B+D). If something more is needed, there are plenty nice fax solutions on your local market.
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
agiftel

Post by agiftel »

Ok... Today I've understood some other things and now..I am able to receive faxes. But if I try to send from Web Interface a Fax to an Analog Fax, I always get an Error 700; In a Low Level terms... it says that there is an issue about T30 protocol..
Does anyone had the same issue??
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Hi, anybody else got this 700 error? And solved? I can receive faxes from external. Internal sending and receiving also works. But sending over R2 accesses doesn't work...added fax quality to the ARS routes but no luck yet.

Sent from my XPeria Z
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x
Genesys Developer
jasic

Post by jasic »

Don't Know R2. But I had a Problem on ISDN Trunks with the Translationen of SIP messages to ISDN and back. I solve it in the system by ignore all ISDN errors.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Jumm...thanks...will try to see if a normal fax machine can dial out using same Trunk

Genesys Developer
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Found something related
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=19065&p=68111&hil ... tip#p68111
My patch is lower so will try to do an upgrade and test.

How can I know which INTIP board is being used on a specific call??

Genesys Developer
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

cavagnaro wrote: How can I know which INTIP board is being used on a specific call??
with:
represent
haroun

Post by haroun »

and synchro is well configured between oxe and the pstn?
if there is no synchro faxes will not work or works with lot of error (fax trasnmision is a synchronous mode one)
haroun

Post by haroun »

the fax transmission is a synchronous mode type one, so if you have trouble with synchronistion between oxe and pstn , fax comms should fails or with lot of errors
i was guetting such as issue when synchro was not ok lot of errors via R2 and no error if i gone (tx or rx) via isdn e1 and what kind of isdn a compressed one!.
by the way if you have 700 error at low level , for administarion level the code is 709 :
b. If you use digital lines, check that the fax connected to the line card or your voip gateway does not present problems of synchronization of data frames

Return to “OmniTouch 8450 Fax Software”