CMP board config help needed

qwerty

CMP board config help needed

Post by qwerty »

I logged in successfully to the serial console of this board and changed the "Size of business code" from 9 to 10. To do this you type:

setconfig 0 999 10 YES NO (then it automatically wrote to flash memory)

The 0 represents the value for "Nb of digits to remove"
The 999 represents the value for "Trunk group seizure prefix"
The 10 represents the value for "Size of business code"
The YES represents the value for "Automatic call after code"
The NO represents the value for "Voice guide while calling"

Despite my success to change the "Size of business code" from 9 to 10, I was unable to leave the value for "Trunk group seizure prefix" to remain BLANK. This has to be blank for us since we have 4 managed seize prefix in the Alcatel. I have tried to insert “”, space space, -1, [] and more. It seems I have tried most everything.

Please see attached a screen shot of the current scenario.
Expert docs yield no such help. Please help with the missing command to leave the value for "Trunk group seizure prefix" to BLANK.
Thanks!!
CMP config.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When two elephants fight, only the grass gets hurt.
cavagnaro
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by cavagnaro »

Can't...:/ by design it has to dial something. Maybe then on oxe you can remove that digit?
qwerty

Re: CMP board config help needed

Post by qwerty »

Thanks for the reply Cav, like I said... "blank" was the previous config so I knew it was a shot in the dark and was possible at one time. Keeping this CMP config line as "Blank" was necessary due to the need of a wild card. You see, there are 4 different ARS routes that process long distance calls depending on which site they are in. Therefore in the OXE we created CA, CB, CC and CD as "Digits to Add" within their respective ARS route. These 2 letter codes are nothing more than a 'Prof Trunk group seizure" of their specific local trunks. Hope that explains a little more.

I found out from the engineer in France who helped us configure this board in 2008 that you need to type "X". So the command string would be (X= blank) setconfig 0 X 10 YES NO

According to him, it’s not mentioned in the documentation but by looking into source code of the application, the letter “X” (in upper case) is converted into nothing. I hope this benefits someone else sometime.
Thanks again
When two elephants fight, only the grass gets hurt.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Nice...thanks for sharing.

Return to “Boards”