Installing Release without IO2N and then connect after

mejust

Installing Release without IO2N and then connect after

Post by mejust »

Guys HElP me here

A long time ago I was told when I am using a IO2N board I must Install the Release with the Board Connected to the CPU.
I am creating a backup hard disk but I don´t have a IO2N board at the moment to install the release with .
By any chance if my main CPU hard drive fails and it I switch the hard drive with my backup will the IO2N work ?

I´m doing a backup hard drive because I want to have less down time as possible .

Thanks In Advance

Rgs
alexeik

Re: Installing Release without IO2N and then connect after

Post by alexeik »

i think you can install, but if you insert the database the io2n has to be plugged...
mejust

Post by mejust »

alexeik wrote: 30 Jan 2018 07:29 i think you can install, but if you insert the database the io2n has to be plugged...
No Problem there , I just want less down time possible .

Thks
mgoegel

Post by mgoegel »

It's possible, to start the system even without the IO2.
You have to interrupt the dhs3 start on boot and have to run it via RUNTEL command and give (if I remember correctly) the argument: -DNOIO2.

Regards,
Mario

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by vad »

Not clear your problem.
For release installation (f.e. with PC Installer) - does not matter IO2 physically installed or not. You can install release on test (lab) PBX. You need just CPU for SW installation.
When PBX start (telephone application) - IO2N board must be present (if IO2 board declared in database).

If you have old backup (with IO2) and in your PBX IO2 board absent - from my point of view better to do next:
- start PBX without dhs3 started (interrupt the dhs3 start - you need console port connected)
- start telephone system "emulation" - "RUNMAO" command - telephone application physically not started but management via "mgr" will be possible.
- via "mgr" - delete IO2 boards
- stop telephone system "emulation" - "KILLMAO" command (or shutdown the system).
mejust

Post by mejust »

Thanks VAd

Did the test and worked fine :-) .
I was worried that I needed the IO2 physically during the installation with PC Installer.
vad wrote: 31 Jan 2018 08:07 Not clear your problem.
For release installation (f.e. with PC Installer) - does not matter IO2 physically installed or not. You can install release on test (lab) PBX. You need just CPU for SW installation.
When PBX start (telephone application) - IO2N board must be present (if IO2 board declared in database).

If you have old backup (with IO2) and in your PBX IO2 board absent - from my point of view better to do next:
- start PBX without dhs3 started (interrupt the dhs3 start - you need console port connected)
- start telephone system "emulation" - "RUNMAO" command - telephone application physically not started but management via "mgr" will be possible.
- via "mgr" - delete IO2 boards
- stop telephone system "emulation" - "KILLMAO" command (or shutdown the system).

Return to “Boards”