New CPU8 - LAN / Serial Connection

vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: New CPU8 - LAN / Serial Connection

Post by vad »

I think problem not with CPU-8 but with W10 (not working RS-232). Easy to find - start terminal program, connect Rx to TX (more easy with DB-9 connector). Type something. If you see what you type - V24 works.
alexeik

Post by alexeik »

I had never any problems using rs232 in my laptop... And i use it many many times...
alex

Post by alex »

Me too has no problem with V.24 connection since 4400 Release 1.5.
But... :o :shock: :? It did happen to me yesterday. Trying to load CPU8 with 12.3 I have very strange output on serial connection - seemed like not all pages were printed out and finally all output stopped.
I loaded PC installer to a customer's PC with Windows 7 and connected console to that PC - and it worked like a charm.
I recently switched to 64-bit Windows 10 from 32-bit so I think it's a Windows serial driver problem.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
alexeik

Post by alexeik »

i did about 20 upgrades with cpu 8 or cs3 in the last weeks, with my win 10 64bit...
i use https://www.delock.de/produkte/G_61425/treiber.html
and hab never any problems
Asmund

Post by Asmund »

Hi Alexeik

I have a short question, can I use the plug you refer to "G_61425" to connect to a CS-3/GD-3 on Common hardware ? I do not get response from CS-3/GD-3 when tying to connect to my laptop. Win10 using Putty or TeraTerm.
alexeik

Post by alexeik »

yes should work, i use putty all the time
9600 / 8/n/1
floatcontrol off
alex

Post by alex »

Just to add more entropy - before switching to CPU8 I connected my notebook to the customer's CPU7-2 serial ports without any problem. With any GD it's not a problem also. Only when we replaced CPU7-2 with CPU8 this strange thing happened.
And my HP 6730b has a real UART not a USB converter :shock: .
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
sadim

Post by sadim »

You can check on system doc, but for cpu8 you need a different CBC conector.
BR
Asmund

Post by Asmund »

Thank for answer.
doublevand981

Post by doublevand981 »

Hi all
i want to share my story for you:
I upgraded the CPU7 to CPU8 ----WITH OUT any additional cable.

1. i plugged CPU8 to slot 6 and 20 and Did NOT change any cables in backplane. Then just JUST got serial connection for CPU8 on slot 6 ONLY, and CPU8 on slot 20 could not get serial connetions. Before change CPU i got serial connetions on both slots.

2. I used serial connection on CPU8 - slot 6 for Software loading. i could see Boot message. and tried to Ctrl+B for BIOS setup but after very hard to access it and when i in BIOS setup screen, i could not change menu and seltion option for change boot sequence, tried may ways and sofftware (putty, Teramterm, SecureSRT, Hypertermial.) . BUT still COULD NOT control BIOS setup.

the finally, i tried remove RMAB board on BRMA box then i could EASY to Ctrl+B and control BIOS menu.

Return to “Boards”