System inaccessible.

Foxtrot0ff

System inaccessible.

Post by Foxtrot0ff »

Hi All.

I have recently taken control of a system that has come to my company for support, i have been to site to audit the system and i was able to reset the password to the usual default.

I was also able to take a backup and i have this on my system.

For some reason, the system will no longer accept the password. I have pulled the power from the system and brought it back up, this has not reset anything and i am still unable to access the installer account via OMC.

I have been able to ftp to 30021 using ftp_nmc however ftp_admi, inst and such passwords do not work.

I am concerned about access to the system so i'd like some advice if possible, what would be the best route to go here? factory reset the system and just upload the backup? there have been no changes to the system since i last backed it up.

Thanks

F
enio.eltz

Re: System inaccessible.

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi
factory reset the system and just upload the backup? there have been no changes to the system since i last backed it up.
Yes, as there have been no changes on the system configuration, factory reset is an option. 20 minutes and the system is running again with the password you want.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
alex

Re: System inaccessible.

Post by alex »

If OXO is Release 10.3 then you have a procedure to reset all passwords without defaulting the whole system (see TC 2190).
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “Configuration”