Problem with accessing 4200e, which pins?

teodorgeorgiev

Problem with accessing 4200e, which pins?

Post by teodorgeorgiev »

Hi guys,

I have to fight with an old Alcatel 4200e. I got the PCMMC software (4-22-28-0, the latest) and made a cable. However, whatever
I try, I am getting "database synchronization failed" and I suspect it is the serial cable that I made. I used the following scheme:

5-5
2-3
3-2

is that correct?

Is it a problem that I am trying with an Profilic USB-to-Serial port adapter?
Friday

Re: Problem with accessing 4200e, which pins?

Post by Friday »

In PC-MMC you have the option to use COM1, COM2, COM3 or COM4
Profilic USB-to-Serial port adapter often installs with a higher COM-port.
Go into device settings for the Profilic and try to change the COM-port to on of the ports that can be used by PC-MMC.

Your cable seems to have the correct configuration.
Fridays are the best.......
teodorgeorgiev

Post by teodorgeorgiev »

Friday wrote:In PC-MMC you have the option to use COM1, COM2, COM3 or COM4
Profilic USB-to-Serial port adapter often installs with a higher COM-port.
Go into device settings for the Profilic and try to change the COM-port to on of the ports that can be used by PC-MMC.

Your cable seems to have the correct configuration.
Hi,

I am pretty sure that the port is correct and that it is working, because... what I did is - I used exactly the same port and configuration and pinout and connected to X7 (the metering port) and I got SMDRs displayed on TeraTerm/Hyperterminal. Which means that the port is working and the pinout should be correct.
I then tried to access the Alcatel via 4035 system unit and I was able to access it via the default 1064 password.

So far - the profilic USB-to-serial port is working, the password for the Alcatel is correct. The problem is - I am able to connect with the metering port, but can not connect to the management port. Could it be that there is some "misunderstanding" between the Alcatel management software (I am using R422_28_0) and the Alcatel PBX?
Should I try with a lower version like R422_22_1 ?

Another question, if I connect to the Alcatel on the serial port with some terminal emulation tool (Hyperterminal / TeraTerm) and reboot the PBX, will I see any boot output from the PBX on the terminal screen? I just want to be 100% sure that the serial connection is working and to narrow the problem up to the Alcatel PCMMC tool.
Friday

Post by Friday »

Sorry, but I am quite certain that you will have to manage the port settings for your Profilic.
In Hypertermianal you can chose any available COM-port. Which port did you use to be able to see metering data in Hyperterminal?

But in PC-MMC only COM1, COM2, COM3 or COM4 can be used. You will have to manage the Profilic to one of these ports and then set up PC-MMC to use this port.
Trying with a lower versoin of PC-MMC will not solve your problem, as PC-MMC never had the option to use any COM-port higher than COM4.

Right-click on My Computer, choose Manage and device settings. Find Ports (COM and LPT). Your Profilic will show up here with a COM-port. Adjust this to be between 1 and 4.

Another thing: Are ypu trying to run PC-MMC in Windows 7?
I have not been able to install PC-MMC under Windows 7. That is why I am using Virtual XP-mode under Windows 7. PC-MMC is installed under Windows XP-mode on my computer and works perfectly.
If you are using XP this should be rather straight forward.
Fridays are the best.......
teodorgeorgiev

Post by teodorgeorgiev »

Friday wrote:Sorry, but I am quite certain that you will have to manage the port settings for your Profilic.
In Hypertermianal you can chose any available COM-port. Which port did you use to be able to see metering data in Hyperterminal?

But in PC-MMC only COM1, COM2, COM3 or COM4 can be used. You will have to manage the Profilic to one of these ports and then set up PC-MMC to use this port.
Trying with a lower versoin of PC-MMC will not solve your problem, as PC-MMC never had the option to use any COM-port higher than COM4.

Right-click on My Computer, choose Manage and device settings. Find Ports (COM and LPT). Your Profilic will show up here with a COM-port. Adjust this to be between 1 and 4.

Another thing: Are ypu trying to run PC-MMC in Windows 7?
I have not been able to install PC-MMC under Windows 7. That is why I am using Virtual XP-mode under Windows 7. PC-MMC is installed under Windows XP-mode on my computer and works perfectly.
If you are using XP this should be rather straight forward.
PC MMC runs under Windows 7 as well, but not under Windows 7 x64. I have a laptop with Windows 7 x64 as well. In that case I just ran vmware with Windows XP and it works fine.
My COM port is COM3. The COM port is OK, it doesn't make any problems. I have tested it. As I said - with the same COM port and settings I am able to connect to the CM board on the CDR (SMDR) port.
syamsul hidayat

Post by syamsul hidayat »

please can you help me??
i need program PCMMC R422_28.0 for telephone internal in my ship

Return to “42xx Systems”