OXO R6.1 VOIP network no bidirectional voice

lbanias

OXO R6.1 VOIP network no bidirectional voice

Post by lbanias »

I have 2 OXO R6.1 (with VOIP4 daughterboard) connected and when I call from one PABX to another PABX , the call is answered but only the calling party hears voice, the called party hears nothing. The ARS is managed identically (priv , 6 or 1, gateway fast start or gateway, gateway bandwidth 128kb/s = 5calls, codec/framing = default, but tried also some 711_10 and 729_20, both gateways are alive), VOIP parameters identical, at VOIP traffic counters I have no faults, the IP trunk is not public, internal and private numbering plan almost the same. The only difference is the release 610/007.004 vs 610/007.002, but I will load both PABX with the newer R610_023_001. I guess it must be something related to compression or bandwidth (also tried with 1024 kb).

Any advice would be appreciated.
lbanias

Re: OXO R6.1 VOIP network no bidirectional voice

Post by lbanias »

No idea ???
mustafa.ahmad

Post by mustafa.ahmad »

Hi Ilbanias,

did your problem got resolved ? if yes , how ?
I am also facing a similar kind of problem, where another IP set is connected over WAN-VPN and there is only one-way communication.
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi Guys

You probably have a firewall that blocks the RTP packets. Check wit IT manager to see where the voice in not going.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
lbanias

Post by lbanias »

I also thought about something that blocks packets, since the 2 PABXes are set with public IP addresses, but connected on a private LAN (some optical fiber with some routers). The systems are far away (500 km) and I must trust the IP structure info from the local IT guy, which it didn't seem to know a lot about it.
I told him to simply take one PABX to go on the other site and to connect them directly , to avoid any network problems. If that is working then my job is done...
mustafa.ahmad

Post by mustafa.ahmad »

just cross check if you have entered th correct gateway address in the router IP in the telephone set.

Return to “Networking”