H323 connection OXO - OXO

Harald_G

H323 connection OXO - OXO

Post by Harald_G »

Hello everybody,
I have to do the following task: Establish a H323 link between to OXOs. Both have public network access with the same installation number. On System A, I have the DDI Numbers 10-19, 20-29 and 30-39 configured as phone sets on System B 40-49 and 50-59. So on system A the Numbers 40-59 has to be routed over the H323 trunk and on B 10-39.
I tried a lot configuration in the ARS tables and internal I can now phone from system A to B and vice versa. External it is possible to call in to system A and being routed to system B. But not vice versa... Configuration ( numbering plans and ars table) is the same on both systems just with switched numbers.

So is it really possible to have the same public number on both sides?
Is there somewhere a good description of designing numbering plan, ars table and h323 connection? ( I didn't really undestand the configuration examples in the OMC online help and the expert manual :( )

Thanks for help

Harald
Krusty65
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: H323 connection OXO - OXO

Post by Krusty65 »

Harald,

Did you ever get this fixed?

I have done it but it was a long time ago and I would have to do some searching to find the database.

I do remember that what was in the OMC help was half wrong as was what was in the expert docs, you have to use a combination of both to get it all to work.

K.
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.
But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

Return to “Networking”