Break Out

barryo76

Break Out

Post by barryo76 »

Hello,

I have 2 oxo's connected via an IPsec VPN. These systems both have their own Public SIP trunks and I have linked them together with a private SIP for internal dialing.

I have been asked if it is possible to for Site A to make an outbound call using Site B's public SIP trunk. I have reviewed the tech docs but just can't get my head around it and would like someone to point me in the right direction please.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Baz
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Break Out

Post by frank »

Totally doable. I know nothing about OXO though, but I'm sure someone will answer this one.
Code Free Or Die
fe80

Post by fe80 »

Hi Baz,
Get the expert docu file OXO_Connect_2.0_sd_VoIPServices_8AL91205USAD_1_en.pdf and look in chapter 4 for 4.5.8 "beak out". Yes, it is within the H.323 section, but general principle is identical to SIP.
Watch out for the correct marking of private or public SIP calls (keyword: prefix SIP triggers). Another hitch is the correct CLIP for A's calls doing break out to B's SIP trunk.
barryo76

Post by barryo76 »

Thanks guys. I have found the doc.I'm still having trouble getting it to work. In the example, Site A dials an 04 number. The public SIP trunk of my Site A will dial 9 to access the line. I want them to dial a different prefix. say (82) and then the number to access the Public SIP trunk of Site B. Will i keep going is calling the attendant of Site B.
barryo76

Post by barryo76 »

SIP.pdf
Update..........

Ok so get the break out to work but now i'm having a different issue. I have configured Site A to dial 2**and it calls ext 2** on site B. Works fine, break out doesn't work. Amend the "SIP public numbering plan" and break out work but all 2** call go to the attendant (0) of site B.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fe80

Post by fe80 »

Is "2" the prefix to get a public line on site B? In line 1 of your ARS@site-A substitute with the public prefix for the main trunk group of site B.
barryo76

Post by barryo76 »

Hi fe80.

Thanks for your reply. I have manged to get it all working now.I made *9 the prefix for break out with 9 as the substitute. My issue was that i left the Calling and Called/PP as Default. Changed these to PUB and all works fine.
fe80

Post by fe80 »

great! 👍

Return to “Networking”